Tuesday, November 27, 2018

COLD DECORATING DAY

Amen.....

UP to a very cold, windy morning today. Got the kids all fed and hurried through chores to get back in the warm house.
I took RL to pre-school and then stopped by Petco for some cat wormer for "Meow Meow" , she has tape worms again. It was funny in the store when there was none of the wormer on the shelf and I asked if they had any. The young girl at the front said she had it in a box but hadn't gotten it on the shelf yet. When she brought it back to me another older lady who was going to check me out made a comment about how much of this they sell and if folks would just keep their cats away from rodents they wouldn't get worms. I laughed as I said that is why I have a cat and it is his job to kill the rodents around my house and barns !!!!!!!  The young girl gave me a thumbs up as she walked away laughing but the lady at the register didn't look at me anymore !!!
I came home and had breakfast then hubbie, IR and I went down to the storage shed to bring the first load of decoration containers up to the house for me to go through. IR had to help carry things to the Honda .

After we unloaded the containers into the sunroom hubbie and IR rode with me to make a baking supply stop at Aldi on the way to pick up RL. IR went to sleep so she and hubbie stayed in the car.
We came home after picking up RL . It was RL's turn to sleep and hubbie carried her in and sat down with her to let her finish a short nap while IR and I had our lunch.
When RL woke up she and hubbie had lunch then the girls and I decorated the Christmas tree.







Their attention spans were pretty short and they got so excited they were running from room to room laughing and having the best time while I finished putting all the ornaments on. 
D-in-love picked up RL and then IR and I stayed inside while hubbie took care of the dogs and gathered some firewood in for the night.
Then it was my turn out in the cold to get my evening feeding chores done and get all the chickens shut up.
It is already 29 degrees at 5:00 this evening so it is really going to be a raw night to be outside with the wind that is predicted to blow really hard tonight with single digit chill factor by early morning.
I came back inside and had a cup of hot tea to warm up. IR was napping when I came inside and hubbie and I watched the news. Son-in-love came after IR and after they left I did more decorating. I am enjoying it more this year for a change and it doesn't seem like a task as it has in some past years.
I even decorated an additional tree beside my computer just because I had extra ornaments.

I emptied 2 of the four containers we brought in and part of another one so that was a very good start.
I am very thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for the Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night