Thursday, November 29, 2018

MARKET THURSDAY AND 2008 MEMORIES

Amen....

Up a little earlier this morning knowing I have frozen water to replace for all the chickens and animals. All the kids had breakfast while I got ready for market then I went to get the chores done. By the time I got back inside even with the extra time I gave myself earlier it was already time to leave for pre-school. I finished getting ready and we only left about 10 minutes late.
IR rode with hubbie and they went straight to market. I dropped RL off and then met them there.
It is 26 degrees at 9:00 this morning I forgot to look earlier to see what it was when I went out to do chores.
What a difference a day makes when the sun shines even with the below freezing temperatures as these pictures of Clingman's Dome yesterday morning and this morning show that the snow covering from yesterday morning was short lived.
Market was good today only because a couple of my customers just happened by to see how many cakes I had to sell today and bought 7 whole cakes from me.
Market is a cold place to be on these cold mornings and many of the older than me ladies just can't stay in there and take the cold so there isn't many sellers who come on days like today.
I always wear long handled underwear when the over night temps are below or near freezing. The market lost another older member this week with the passing of Louise Ledbetter who has sold cotton woven rugs for many years and sold them in here. She was 91 years old and I pray for peace and comfort for her family at this time.

I left market a little late after a short board meeting and made a stop at Aldi for baking supplies for tomorrow.
I came home and hubbie helped me get unloaded and get things put away . Daughter met IR's other g-ma to pick her up and stopped by the middle school to see if g-son was going to get to wrestle today in their meet before she brought IR here while she practiced basketball.
G-son didn't get to wrestle so I know he will be disappointed . 
Hubbie and I took turns doing our chores and entertaining IR this evening. At least it is warmer this evening and water is thawed.
I came back inside and the three of us had supper.
Daughter came after IR and they went home to get an early bedtime.
I feel like I need an early bedtime tonight as I haven't gotten enough sleep most nights this week.
I need to get the last month of decade pics on here since tomorrow is the last day in the month. Back in November 2008 g-son was the light of our lives.



 Daughter's college roommate , Megan came to Thanksgiving lunch with us and g-son got to sit beside her at lunch thinking he was big stuff !!
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for the Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.


1 comment:

linda m said...

Beautiful picture of the mountains. Blessings and have a great weekend.
P.S. It 's very cold here also.