Thursday, November 15, 2018

THANKFULLY NO ICE THIS MORNING

Amen.....

Up to a different schedule morning with the 2 hour delay in school both daughter and d-in-love came about an hour later than usual with the kids.
Thankfully so far we have no icy roads. When I went out to do the chores I didn't see any ice on the trees or anything and the temperature now is 36 degrees. Hubbie said he had went to the bathroom at 4am and it was 32 then so it must have warmed up thankfully.
The rain is still falling lightly and it is surely cold. There was 1.6 inches of rain in the gauge from overnight.
We got the kids all fed and then got ready for market which is on a 2 hour opening delay also with the schools.
I dropped RL off at her pre-school which opened at 10am also. They were having their Thanksgiving feast today so RL was excited to go.
IR's other g-ma , Connie was waiting at market  for hubbie to get there with IR so she could spend the day with her.
I was very surprised at how much business I had today at market in the nasty weather. As always I am very thankful for all I sold.
Hubbie stayed and helped all morning then ran the table while I went to pick up RL at noon. Her other g-ma ,Deb lives in Rutherford county and there was a lot of icy roads there so she stayed home today. While I was picking RL up I got some vision fissures that usually bring on a migraine headache. I hurried back to market after remembering I hadn't eaten anything on this busy morning. Thankfully hubbie had already went after our lunch before I left so as soon as I got back to market I ate my Greek salad and grilled chicken and felt better almost immediately. Thanking the Lord for His merciful grace to allow me to get over this that fast.
RL loved being in market with just hubbie and me and loved all the Christmas décor.

She was very good but only sat and watched cartoons on the small tablet for a short time before she wanted to walk around again.
She always takes full advantage or her time alone with hubbie and me and wouldn't let either one of us out of her sight all afternoon.
She rode with me when we left market and we went to the bank and hubbie went to the dump then we all met at Aldi to grocery and baking supply shop.
RL was extremely good in Aldi and I was very proud of her behavior. She is growing up !!!
We came home and she took a nap while we got things all unloaded and put away then she woke up as soon as we finished .
She helped hubbie get a fire started downstairs to warm the cold house and then played in the living room while I watched the news and hubbie went out to get his chores done.
After d-in-love picked her up I went to get my chores done.
It has been a long day for me because even getting over the vision fissures as quick as I did it still left me feeling wiped out so I am headed to early bedtime to get rested for a busy baking day tomorrow to begin this busy holiday season.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the grace of a Wonderful Savior.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

So thankful you didn't get a migraine. Those are so nasty. Loving all the Christmas decor. I woke up this morning to snow on the ground Way to early for that white stuff. Have a blessed weekend.