Friday, November 23, 2018

FRIDAY !!!!!

Amen.....
AHHHH!!!!  A very lazy slow morning was enjoyed this morning. It is very cloudy and humid this morning but the rain is supposed to hold off until after dark tonight.
After chores I had breakfast of sweet potato casserole and coffee.  I got my baking started and baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate,4 pound cakes. I put 2 pound cakes in the top oven that kept shutting down the first of the week and turned it on just bake instead of convection bake and it worked fine only I will need to adjust the temp and baking time for regular bake setting.
I also made 5 dozen cookies for the Curb Market old time Christmas celebration tomorrow. With the weather prediction for an icy morning I have no idea what we will have or even if we have anything at all.
Hubbie has worked all day out in the mid 30's temps blowing leaves from the gutters and trying to get all the dry leaves out of the yard before more rain wets them all down again. He also got his wood splitter working and was very happy with it.
He came in to warm up and we had a late lunch of left overs and then he went back out to finish his work.
I did some ironing and then rested my feet and legs.
D-in-love brought the kids up for a late lunch. She stayed until #1 son came in from hunting and then she went to the grocery store and brought back the milk and butter I needed to finish my icing.
Hubbie and I did chores and then I iced my cakes and got things ready for market.
I have no idea how the celebration will go tomorrow since the weather predictions of a winter weather advisory are being issued this evening.

It has been raining here all evening and the temperature is 33 degrees as we go to bed.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: