Friday, November 30, 2018

BUSY FRIDAY AND DEACON DINNER

Amen......
Got the morning started with breakfast for all 3 of the grandkids before school. Daughter was a few minutes late this morning so g-son had plenty time to finish his waffles before he left with her.
I did chores then came in and took RL to pre-school . About half way to her school she started complaining with her tummy hurting. When we got to school she looked a little pale but she said she felt better. It's hard to guage her this year as she doesn't like school as much as she did so I never know when she is just not wanting to go to school or if she really is sick.
I let her mom know what she did so she could text the teacher and see how she was.
I stopped by Ingles for gas and a couple things we needed for the kids this morning on my way home.
I had breakfast then did my walking video while IR cheered me on from the kitchen !!
I cleaned house until we left early to stop by the amazon returns place on the way to pick up RL.
It was a good day to find some things there today and we came away with a pretty big haul for very little money.

Also I asked daughter if this mirror would go in IR's new room and she said yes, so that's another Christmas present marked off the list.

We picked RL up and came home with them both  asleep. We layed IR on the couch and hubbie held RL until they both woke up. I got my baking supplies gathered and started baking. I baked 6 caramel, 1 coconut , 1 chocolate, 2 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies.
I didn't have time for any rest between getting my cakes out of the oven and getting chores done today as we have a dinner for the Deacons at church to attend at 6:30 tonight. Son-in-love came early to pick up IR as daughter has a basketball game tonight.
The dinner was very good and all enjoyed it very much.


We made it home about 8:30 and I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
On this last day of November as I reflect back over this seemingly very short month I have enjoyed getting ready for the holiday season to begin. After the unseasonably warm October there were  flower's still blooming when the month began but the warm weather was short lived and most days this month have been below average temperatures with a couple ice storms around the area with a lot of rainy days.

We attended the annual drawdown athletic fund raiser at the beginning of the month. We also voted in the midterm election and sat the time back one hour .
Daughter's house finally arrived and they got it set up between rain storms and have been working on it all month.
G-son made the middle school wrestling team and we got to watch him make his first "pin" in his first match.
Daughter's basketball season started as she is the head JV coach and the varsity assistant.
We had a very busy baking time before Thanksgiving that made me truly wonder how many more years I am going to be able to keep this up.
Thanksgiving was a wonderful family gathering and we had lots of good food .
Hubbie and I enjoyed the time spent with all the grand kids this month and the grand daughter's are getting to be so much fun to watch as they become closer playmates and friends.
We had Christmas open house at the Curb Market but had a smaller than usual customer turnout because of a cold icy morning.
I got my Christmas decorating started early this year with the earlier Thanksgiving and had fun with the girls helping this year.
Daughter made the announcement that she is expecting another baby next May public this month as we have known since they told us the first of October but she held off to make sure everything was alright.
One sad note of the month was the loss of one of our oldest market members as Louise Ledbetter passed away on the 27th.
We ended the month with  dinner and fellowship with our church Deacons and their families .
I am thankful for a month of blessings for my family as this November passed us by and we are looking forward to celebrating the birth of our precious Savior in the coming month.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for the Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: