Monday, November 26, 2018

CHRISTMAS DECORATING HAS BEGUN


Monday morning blahs are always worse the longer the weekend. So we have some whiny little girls this morning after they have been with their mamas for the last 5 days.
RL continued her potty training by going to the potty before she left for pre-school.
While I was out doing chores it felt really warm compared to the previous mornings and it had rained about 1/10th inch overnight.
RL reluctantly went into her classroom this morning but she wasn't the only one having a hard time this morning and at least she wasn't crying.
I came home and had a bowl of oatmeal to get geared up for a busy day.
As soon as I finished eating I gathered the weekly laundry and got a load started. I turned on my walking video to try it out since my foot is feeling much better. I did the video without much pain in my foot , I just had to be careful with the side steps.
It felt good to get my heart pumping this morning. And it surely is true that a morning workout energizes you or at least it does me.
I spent the morning alternating between doing laundry and getting all my Fall season decorations put away.
RL is asking where my Christmas tree is as her mom and other g-ma have already put theirs up so I told her I would get it up tonight and she and IR could decorate it tomorrow. That made her smile this morning at least for a minute !!!
I also promised RL that IR and hubbie would come with me to pick her up and she could have lunch at Burger King on the way home.
They both love this place and the cheeseburger happy meals here.


Neither girl wanted a nap today so we came home and they played with hubbie while I did more laundry and put away the last of the Fall decorations.
About 2:00 they both got sleepy so I sat down to hold one of them. After a few changes like musical chairs to see who was going to sit with who they finally settled with IR in hubbie's lap and RL in mine. I really didn't expect her to go to sleep but she did and when her mom came in from work to pick her up she said she went to bed late last night so she is worn out.
We let her sleep about an hour then d-in-love took her home. Daughter came in to spend some time with IR while waiting on late practice and IR woke up shortly after she got here.
I went out to get chores done and had a little easier time this evening when all 6 of my guineas were already in their lot and waiting for their feed. Usually I have to make several efforts to get them all put up.
The air this evening definitely has a chill to it as another cold front moves in bringing the coldest temps of the season over the next couple days. I'm definitely now looking forward to those frozen water pans !!!


The clouds made the sky very colorful in both directions tonight.


Winter storm Bruce is responsible for the cold and he is dumping snow all across the northeastern states.

Hubbie and I cleaned and rearranged some things in the living room to make room for the tree and got it ready for the girls to decorate tomorrow.

We also vacuumed and changed the rugs.

Now we have to tackle the crowded storage shed to find the ornaments and the rest of my decorations in the morning
Thankful for the blessings of this day and the Reason for this Season.
God Bless and Good Night.





1 comment:

linda m said...

Kids are so funny. Hubby and I put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving. Didn't do much decorating this year as in past years. No one to see it but us. Blessings