Sunday, November 18, 2018

SPECIAL SUNDAY

Amen.....

Ahhhhh !!!  Slow Sunday morning !! I got chores done and then had time for breakfast before starting the spaghetti sauce in the crockpot. Spaghetti lunches are always easy and I thought this would be a good time for one before all the turkey fixings begin !!
Church was special today as parents of 10 young children dedicated these ten precious young folks to the Lord.
We came home to our spaghetti lunch with #1 son's family and #2 son.  Tif was working, daughter was baking and Re wasn't feeling well today.
After everyone ate and left hubbie went up to work on starting the new wood splitter motor and take it easy with his sore shoulder. He lifted a tool box yesterday and couldn't sleep last night from the pain in his shoulder.
I am still nursing a very painful foot so I tried to stay off it as much as possible this afternoon before I had to start my before Thanksgiving baking Sunday.
Daughter and son-in-love dropped IR by on their way over to decide on paint colors for the inside of their house.
They came back about the time #1 son dropped g-son and RL off to stay with us during a special prayer service at church tonight for a young man that has just been diagnosed with cancer. We are all praying vigilantly for Chris.

Daughter and son-in-love stayed with the kids while hubbie and I got our chores done then they went home.
I started icing the 12 caramel cakes I baked last night and then baked 12 more caramel cakes to help fill all the orders for Tuesday. 
Last night my oven shut down with a "key stuck" code and hubbie flipped the breaker off and back on and they restarted thankfully and tonight the same thing happened only they wouldn't start back tonight until they cooled down. Thankfully the cakes inside were done before they shut off. I am praying I can limp the oven through the baking tomorrow to get the orders filled. If not it may be a very very interesting day !!!!!!
I had a very good little helper tonight !!!
G-son had a flashback when he saw the caramel icing and had to have some in a blue bowl like he used to have years ago when he stayed with me.
I am getting to bed later than normal tonight but I am afraid that is going to be the rule for at least tomorrow night also.
Praying for Chris tonight that the treatments he is getting ready to start will slow or stop the cancer that is ravaging his body right now and praying for his wife and 2 young children that they turn to God for strength.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

Saying a prayer for this young man and his family.