Sunday, November 4, 2018

" FALL BACK " TIME HERE

I am so very thankful for the blessings of the past year.
Woke up at regular time and wondered why my alarm hadn't sounded. It took me a few minutes to figure out why the clock said I still had an hour before wake up time.  I love this "fall back" time change as I dozed back off.
We had plans today to go to the Biltmore House with daughter's family but those changed when I received a call around 9am from her saying she didn't feel well this morning and thought she had a bladder infection. She had already put a call in to her doctor for some medicine.
I got chores done and then had breakfast as we started a beef roast in the pressure pot and put some potatoes on to boil while we got ready for church.
Kyle Smith,a student preacher gave our sermon and it was a short one thankfully as when I checked the roast when we got home it was pretty chewy. I pressured it for 20 minutes longer while we cooked green beans, creamed corn, biscuits and apple crumb cake.
Our only guest at lunch were #2 son and Tif and we had a very nice visit. We hardly ever get to see Tif this time of year as she is usually always working on Sundays delivering packages so it was a nice day for them to come to lunch alone.
#1 son and his family returned the camper that they had borrowed  and Re and the kids are in Ohio visiting with AD and CO.  And daughter is resting.
Hubbie and I relaxed after son left and then daughter and her family came by for left overs for an early supper.
I almost forgot to get out early to get the chores done this evening. This new time is going to take some getting used to in the evenings.
Plus the dark clouds had already rolled in making it seem even darker earlier this evening.
We are supposed to get more rain and a roll-a-coaster temperature week coming up.
After daughter's family left hubbie and I rested for the rest of the evening as we are both ready for bed really early tonight. Or what seems to be really early at 9:00 but remembering last night this was really 10:00!!
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for all the family this evening as we begin a new week.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Hope your daughter is feeling better. Glad Re is visiting her nieces in Ohio as I have been praying for CO and AD that they are doing okay. Blessings