Friday, November 2, 2018

RAINY FRIDAY

Amen.....
Another non-routine morning this week as daughter has a before school basketball practice session so son-in-love dropped IR off at 7:00. G-son and RL came on their regular schedule and g-son had time to leisurely eat his waffles and chocolate milk today as hubbie is taking him to school.
I got the girls dressed and ready for breakfast while they were gone.
When hubbie got back I went outside in a light rain to get the morning chores done while they all three had breakfast.
I took RL to pre-school and she was very clingy but  she acts tired and I'm sure she didn't sleep well after all the candy last night.
I stopped at Ingles on the way home for baking supplies and some groceries since I didn't stop yesterday.
Hubbie helped me get things inside and then I had my breakfast. I was gathering my baking supplies when RL's other g-ma,Deb, called and she had hit something in the road and flattened a tire and couldn't pick up RL today. I was glad I hadn't gotten any cakes in the ovens yet.
I went to my office instead and did weekly paperwork which I had neglected this week and paid bills.
I got things done just in time to leave to pick up RL. Hubbie and IR went with me since it is raining and they wanted to get out of the house for a little while.
After we picked RL up we stopped by the post office and then the bank. Thankfully there's a branch of both in the area of RL's pre-school .
IR was asleep and RL wanted a happy meal from Mcdonalds so we went through the drive thru and headed home. RL went to sleep on the way home.
Hubbie carried both sleeping grand girls inside and we got them down still sleeping. I ate a quick bite of lunch and then went to finish my paperwork for the month of October while I had everything layed out. It was a very eye opening disappointment when I saw the totals for the month. Usually October is one of my busiest months but not this year for sure . The total sales were closer to an early spring month than one of the best of the year. I wonder if the no leaf color really made that much difference or if this is the beginning of a coming trend ???  I certainly hope it isn't the latter.
The girls and hubbie were still all snoring in the living room so I quietly made my way to the kitchen to begin my baking. I baked 6 caramel and 2 pound cakes today.
The girls and hubbie woke up and came in for a late lunch. The girls enjoyed their happy meal together. Who knew eating French fries could be so much fun ???



After they were finished we all went to the living room and watched TV and played until d-in-love came to pick up RL. Daughter is getting her hair done this evening so IR is staying awhile longer. She hated to see her cousin leave and they have a routine when this happens that one leaves before the other that is totally precious as they kiss good-bye through the glass door.


Hubbie and I did chores as the rain has stopped thankfully but the cooler air has arrived with quite a bite.
There was 3/4 inch of rain in the gauge which seemed like a small amount for an all day rain but it hasn't really been a heavy rain, just steady.
I iced cakes and got things ready for market and headed for an early bedtime to hopefully catch up on some lost sleep last night with a painful knee. I finally had to get up around 1am and get my ice pack from the freezer to ever get enough relief to get to sleep early this morning.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: