Wednesday, February 15, 2012

1972 BASKETBALL MEMORIES

As the weather warms with each day it is beginning to feel spring like again.  After chores I took my added territory walk again today and found all was well along the way.
By the time I took a couple Avon orders it was time to pick up g-son from pre-school.
We ate lunch and then we went outside to enjoy the beautiful day. My housework can wait until tomorrow afternoon when it is raining !
D-in-love came to pick him up early this afternoon. Thankfully there was no more robbery questions today so maybe he is getting past that.
Since he left early and I had some alone time I did daughter's taxes and sent them in for her. She was happy with her refunds so I guess I did a good job !!
After a salad supper I tackled weekly paperwork and then exercised while I watched Survivor on TV.
Afterwards I watched the 2nd half of the UNC/Miami b-ball game which UNC won.
The temperature got up to 62 degrees today with a full day of sunshine and tonight it is still 44 at 11:30 with rain predicted to start before morning.
To continue with my February decade photos tonight I don't have any for February 1962 but in February 1972 I had just finished my senior season of basketball and we were very good winning our conference.
This is the photo that was in the newspaper.

I am the captain on the right holding the trophy.
These are some very special memories for me. I enjoyed playing basketball very much back then.
When my painful joints keep me up at night sometimes I wonder if it was worth it and the answer is always yes. And who knows I may have had the joint pain without all the bumps and bruises from playing ball.
I am still working on my photo project but am making quick headway into it.
Thanking God tonight for the blessings of the day and asking for His grace in my struggles to be the person He wants me to be.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Congrats on being such a good basketball player. I never played basketball --but certainly enjoy watching the games now!!!

We went to Tullahoma today to see Dad Adams.. It rained all night --but then the sun came out, so we had a nice trip... Felt like Spring!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy