Sunday, February 19, 2012

RELAXING ,WATCHING THE SNOW FLAKES FALL

The rain was still light this morning as I went through chores before church.  Church was good ,as our associate pastor did the sermon again since our pastor is still on missions in the middle east.
D-in-love has talked to him several times this week on her smart phone through his hotel's WiFi. I was surprised to learn how technologically advanced they are in these countries. From what you see on the news it looks like there would be nothing but dirt huts and dire need over there. As our mission team has discovered there is definitely a dire need for the love of God in these countries.
It had started raining hard by the time we left church and the air was definitely colder.
Everyone made it to lunch of roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans and corn with the new recipe for slaw that hubbie found. All of this meal came from our summer garden except the cabbage for the slaw and the beef.
I am scanning seed catalogs to get this year's seed order in early.
After everyone left hubbie and I relaxed and watched the rain turn to big fluffy flakes of snow this afternoon for a little while.


However our snowfall didn't amount to anything with the ground so wet and the temperature in the mid 30's. But it was pretty to watch  falling.
I saw this  picture on a local media site this afternoon and thought you might enjoy the humor in it.
Hahahahaha!!!!!!

I checked the rain gauge while out doing evening chores and found 4/10ths inch of rain in it which surprised me,I didn't think it had rained that much.
After exercising tonight hubbie and I have spent a relaxing evening which felt good after this stressful week.
During his sermon this morning pastor talked about letting our light shine for Jesus. I strive each day to do just that and have humble gratefulness for the blessings He gives me each day  as I continue to see the good things that so outweigh the bad.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Well for goodness sakes... This is the only time I can remember that we got snow and you didn't (at least not much). We got about 2 inches of that heavy wet snow which clings to everything.. It was so pretty --and even though it wasn't big, it was definitely the prettiest of our four little snows this winter season... Hubby loved it since it never did stick much to the roads or driveway!!!!!! ha

Your dinner sounds wonderful. Do you and hubby always do all of the cooking ---or do the kids help out and bring stuff each week also??? Once my kids got old enough to be on their own, they started helping with the family dinner cooking.... ha

Hugs,
Betsy