Thursday, February 12, 2015

BIRDS , SNOW , TAXES , YEAH ITS FEBRUARY

 I woke to a deafening squealing sound this morning and as I went looking for the source I found the back lawn covered with Starlings.
I thought these guys had already passed through here headed south but I guess not !!!Up and out in the quickly cooling morning today. It is 38 degrees at 8:30 as I get back inside from the chores but the wind is picking up .
I spent the morning doing housework and taking a couple cake orders.
After lunch I tackled #2 son's taxes, after all this is "tax month" for me so I might as well get started.
He has settled down this year, after buying his house last January so his taxes were definitely easier this year than last.
I stopped when I ran into a couple figures I would have to get from him after he gets home from work.
I worked on my photo print organization for the remainder of the afternoon as I watched the temperature drop into the 20's and heard the wind really blowing.
At one time late this afternoon the snow was falling fast and furious but it didn't last long.

It surely feels like winter out there this evening as we hurried through chores to get back inside the warm house.
Daughter had the varsity teams first conference tournament game tonight against West Henderson. Daughter's team won and will play again in the second round Tuesday.
This is her in the background behind the players in the white uniform.

She is a little better of her coughing as she came by tonight to pick up some things.
Tonight is a two fire night as we have both wood stoves going trying to beat the predicted 14 degree night.
On the weather they are saying we are going to have the best chance of the season so far at having a significant snowfall event next week. This is what one of the models is saying.
Yeah, our area is under one of the 12-13 inch bulls eyes if this holds true.
The northeast is bracing for yet another dose of the white stuff as the "N", Neptune, winter storm takes aim on them over the weekend.
With our predicted cold temps for the next several days the conditions around here will definitely be right by next Tuesday for a winter storm. The high temperature tomorrow is supposed to be only mid 30's, well below the average temps.
I am glad I can rest in the knowledge that God is in control and His will will be done. I can also bask in the warmth of His love each day as He blesses me with so many undeserved blessings.
Good Night and God Bless.






1 comment:

linda m said...

The cold weather has settled in here for the next couple of days. Wind chill this AM was -8 degrees. I sure will be glad when Spring arrives. I am so grateful to God for a furnace that works - ours has been working overtime in all this cold weather. I feel so bad for the people in the Northeast with all their snow. Hope they get some relief from the weather soon. Have a great weekend and God bless you.