Wednesday, September 13, 2017

ANNUAL PHYSICAL REPORT IS GOOD

Back on the regular schedule this morning with g-daughter R and g-daughter I both arriving around 7:15.
G-daughter I was not happy and g-daughter R was willing to give up her favorite dolly to make her happy, she loves her little cousin sooo much.
I took R to school and I was worried this long weekend might make her want to stay home with us but to my surprise she pranced right in and started telling the teacher all about the water that flooded in front of her house.
I hurried back home and started right to baking , I baked 12 caramel and 3 chocolate layer cakes and got 2 pound cakes done before I had to shut the ovens off and head to Asheville to the doctor for my annual physical. G-daughter I had been good through the morning and had a 4 ounce bottle between 10-10:30 but was still acting hungry so I fixed hubbie  2 more ounces before I left to give her. My appointment was at 12:30 , I was supposed to be there at 12:00 for paperwork, I left my house at 11:30 and after a couple traffic problems with power lines still being repaired and the DOT picking up the trees and limbs on the sides of the roads I got to the doctor a little after 12:00. I was thinking what on earth kind of paperwork would take 30 minutes to fill out but it did take me 20 minutes to answer all the same questions that are on the same paperwork every year ?????
I was called back only a few minutes after my appointment time but after the initial blood pressure check and answering some of the same questions orally that I had just answered on the paperwork the nurse left and as I sat in the exam room I began to think they may have forgotten I was in there as the clock ticked to almost 1:15 before the doctor knocked on the door. (my plan was to be home by 1:30 to fix g-daughter I her afternoon bottle)  Needless to say that plan went by the wayside.
I like my doctor and we had a nice visit, she was running late due to several new patients that had more problems than originally thought but with me she found no problems other than my vitamin D level being a little low so that was great news.
I finally made it home at 2:30 an hour later than my plans , but plans hardly ever work out .
This little girl was patiently sucking on Pawpaw's shirt shoulder waiting for her afternoon bottle when I got here.
After she got her bottle I was back in the kitchen to finish my baking for the day. I baked 4 more pound cakes and just got the last ones  out when daughter came after g-daughter I.
D-in-love's mother picked up g-daughter R  from pre-school today.
Hubbie went to gather our recyclables and trash for his dump run tomorrow and start working on picking up all the limbs and leaves from the yard.
I rested and watched the news and then did chores. As I watched the sky cloud over this evening I thought seems as if we can't escape the wrath of Irma as she spins these dark storm clouds back over us with the promise of rain tomorrow as she heads back east toward the coast.
Back inside I did weekly paperwork and paid some bills for the week.
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Thankful for the blessing of good health and good news from the doctor today along with all the other blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: