Monday, September 11, 2017

WINDY RAINY NO SCHOOL DAY

A little after midnight I had to go out and move my Honda below the house because the wind was getting so bad. I went to sleep praying for all the folks including us that are in the path of this storm.
This morning we still have our power which is surprising and the wind and rain are not bad this morning. Hubbie and I both got to sleep in a little this morning as daughter isn't working on the optional workday and d-in-love is going in late after taking g-daughter R to the doctor for her 2-year checkup. She was declared perfectly healthy and happy except for the finger stick for a blood sample.
I got chores done and then had a leisurely breakfast before Re brought all her kids over for an hour while she  kept an appointment.
G-daughter R was glad to have someone to play with when she got back from the doctor.

G-son also came and spent the afternoon with us while mom went to work. G-daughter R is wanting to be one of the "big Girls" !!!
She is getting so big and wanting to do things so independently !!
All through the day the weather has gotten worse and this afternoon the wind and rain have really picked up.
I did chores early and there were large limbs blown down in my hen lots and the yard. This one was perfectly placed between the hen house and the waterer.
Hubbie and I went over to Aa's house tonight to have supper with them and Aa' s parents.
While we were there the rain and wind really picked up and we were worried we would have limbs down across our driveway but we made it home and hunkered down to weather this storm.
I pray that all folks stay safe tonight on this windy rainy night.
We are getting gusts up to 50 mph and so far the only thing we have is a blown of roof from one of the chicken pens and lots of limbs and leaves on the ground.
As this day's news gets even worse with the now possibility of hurricane Jose's tracking into the east coast right behind Irma I am going to get off here and get an early bedtime in the safer end of the house where there are no trees that might blow over into it.

Thinking also tonight of the horrible news on this day16 years ago that terrorist had flown 4 planes on suicide missions into the world trade towers, the Pentagon and one had been crashed in a field in Penn. to keep it from hitting another target.
As I think about the high winds and heavy rains of hurricane Irma that pound us tonight I know that soon this will be a distant memory and we can rebuild or recover all that is damaged by her fury. Unlike the 9/11 attacks that will forever stick in our memory because they changed our world forever
and took the realm of safety from us forever and I hate it badly because the kids and grand children were robbed of the safe feelings that I grew up with.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and praying for the safety of the Lords arms around us thru this storm.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

I know how you feel about 9/11 changing our whole way of life and robbing us of our feelings of being safe here in the USA. I pray my grandson will never have to face a war. God Bless the USA and all its people. Blessings