Friday, September 15, 2017

T. G. I. F.

 Both g-daughter's arrived around 7:15 this morning. Hubbie got R her breakfast while I did chores and then I got about half my oatmeal ate before it was time to take R to her pre-school.
Hubbie and g-daughter I were going along this morning as we had some stops to make after we dropped R off.
She went running right to her class ahead of me and I was glad to see she knew exactly where to go.
We made stops at the Henderson county co-op for some "real" cinnamon that I use in my oatmeal each morning, then to the vet's office to pick up Bernie's medicine then we were disappointed to see that the Amazon returns place didn't open until 10:00 and we needed to get home and feed g-daughter I so that will have to be another days stop .
We got g-daughter I fed and settled in this little entertainment center on the floor for a while.


I started baking my cakes for the day, I baked 12 caramel, 2 chocolate, 4 pound, 1 apple coffee cake and 1 blackberry wine cake. I told hubbie I haven't seen the real slow down that usually comes in September this year yet and for that I am thankful.
Daughter worked late this afternoon grading some papers at school so g-daughter I and her Pawpaw took an extended nap.
After daughter took her home I watched the news and had one of the acorn squash I baked earlier for a nice light supper.
As I did the evening chores I noticed we finally have some blue sky showing up to maybe warm the temps back up for the weekend.

After chores I did some walking for the day and then headed back for the kitchen to ice cakes and get things ready for market tomorrow.
I almost made my 11:00 bedtime tonight even with the extra work. As the days get shorter and darkness comes earlier it gets easier to get the inside things done earlier at night.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love of a Wonderful Savior.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: