Friday, September 22, 2017

WELCOME AUTUMN 2017

Up to greet both g-daughters early this morning. Hubbie and IR rode with RL and I to school this morning to see if IR would get  a good nap in as she was already fussy this morning before we left.
After dropping RL off at school we made stops at sis-in-law Sandys to pick up some eggs she picked up for me last night and at Ingles to get some dark brown sugar which I forgot to buy yesterday.
G-daughter IR slept the entire time so it was a good decision to take her along this morning.
Back home she sat in her seat and watched while I got all my baking supplies set up .
Bernie is on guard of another baby even in his weakened condition!!
She was in a much better mood after her long morning nap.
Before I started my baking I treated myself !!!!   Sometimes you just have to push pause for few minutes !!!!!

I baked 12 caramel and 2 pound cakes before turning the ovens off and going to pick up g-daughter RL.
She didn't want much of her snack before we started for home as they had made biscuits in class today and evidently she really liked them so we started home and of course she went to sleep right away.
Hubbie carried her inside and she slept on the couch for 1 1/2 hours.
I finished my baking 2 chocolate, 1 cherry wine and 1 blackberry wine and 1 more pound cake plus a pan of pumpkin bars and a pan of brownies.
When g-daughter RL woke up Pawpaw and g-daughter IR were outside so RL had to go also.
I took her lunch to her to eat in the swing.
She ate everything on her plate and then went back to swinging even with strawberry jam on her face !!!
We all came inside just before their mom's came to pick them up. These two are going to be so much fun growing up together !!!

After they left I did chores then I started icing my cakes and getting things ready for market.
At 4:02 this afternoon Autumn officially began although today has felt like a summer day with mid 80's temps and bright sunshine. I look forward to this time each year as things seem to slow down a bit. I also enjoy the beauty of the changing leaves and the late summer blooms along with the smells that go along with chimney fires starting up and the chill in the air . Welcome Autumn 2017 I hope you are as wonderful as I know you can be.

Thankful for all the wonderful blessings of this day and for the opportunity to be in the lives of all my sweet grandchildren.
God Bless and Good Night






No comments: