Monday, September 4, 2017

LABOR DAY 2017

Up early on this holiday to get started on our adventure. Hubbie or I have never seen all the beautiful waterfalls around our area so today we are going on a hike to see Triple Falls and High Falls in the Dupont State Forest.  We met daughter, son-in-love and g-daughter I and d-in-love , g-son and g-daughter R at 9:00 this morning to begin our adventure.
We arrived early enough to get parking spots in the parking lot which as we left was  overflowing with cars.
This was a beautiful, cool morning for a hike and we all had so much fun and enjoyed this beautiful place very much.
Pictures are better than a thousand words so this will be a many photo blog post.











 One and two falls.......

 Three of the Triple Falls ...
 High Falls.......



Covered bridge on top of High Falls.

What a wonderful day ,we hate to hike back down the trail to the cars. Even after an almost 5 mile hike !!!
We had some tired little girls when we stopped at Soli Luna in Laurel Park to have lunch.

We made it home at 3:00 and I got the weekly laundry started and then hubbie and I attacked our overgrown yard. We have several unwanted vines overgrowing some of our shrubbery and while hubbie ran the weed eater I clipped and pulled and made huge piles of the unwanted vines for hubbie to haul away.
#2 son and Tif stopped by for a visit and scavenged some old wood for a project they are making.
By the time chore time rolled around hubbie and I both were ready for a break from our yardwork.
After chores I finished laundry and then after writing this blog post I went for a long soak of my sore hips in a hot tub.
I am so grateful for the wonderful day God blessed us with today and for the blessing of  a wonderful family to do this life with !!
God Bless and Good Night.


1 comment:

linda m said...

What a lovely day. The pictures tell the whole story. Blessings