Wednesday, September 6, 2017

RAINY WEDNESDAY

G-daughter R arrived first this morning at 7am and was excited to see her cousin g-daughter I come in right behind her.
It is a very rainy morning and raincoats were a must this morning !! G-son helps his little sisiter down the wet stairs at their house on the way up here.
 I did chores and had my breakfast before taking g-daughter R to pre-school at Mud Creek church.
It took me 20 minutes to make the drive and that was exactly how long it took to get her into the First Baptist school up town.
Thankfully this one starts at 8:45 so all the school traffic is done by the time we start out.
She was happy to be there and insisted in walking in and immediately started playing with another little girl.
I thank the Lord every day for her sweet social personality.
Back home g-daughter I was a little fussy this morning so we fixed her a bottle and after that she took a nap.
I started my baking , 6 caramel,3 chocolate, 2 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake. Tomorrow will be the beginning of the after holiday hang-over and sales will be very slow. Thankfully I have one 5 cake order to be picked up tomorrow.
Hubbie was busy with g-daughter I all morning as she only cat napped. He tried her in several different sleeping positions to no avail.
 I fixed her another bottle at noon and then she took a long good nap through the afternoon.

While she slept I sewed up this little white bonnet and repaired a stack of our clothing that had collected on my sewing table. I will need to cut out some more aprons and bonnets when I get a chance as this bonnet was the last of the previous cut-outs.

We have watched rain fall all day and the temperature stay in the upper 50's for a chilly day but finally late this afternoon the sun broke through for a little while and upper the temp into the lower 60's .
The rain gauge had 1& 3/4 inches in it after the overnight and all day rain .
Daughter had a doctor appointment this afternoon so she didn't get here until almost 4:00 and this little girl woke up from her long nap about 3:00 and drank 4 more ounces of milk. She must be going through a growth spurt.
When daughter got here I got ready to go back out to school with her and g-daughter I so I  could take care of g-daughter I while daughter kept the official score book for the JV game.
They were playing East Henderson High school and won pretty easily. G-daughter thought it was a boring game !!!

I got home a little after 6 and watched the hurricane news which isn't good for us it seems still.
Most of the tracks still have Irma coming straight up over us and could be very devastating for our mountains.

She is a huge storm at 400 miles wide with this comparison for perspective.

The predicted path is still unsure and if she jogs just slightly either way it could make a huge difference in our weather.
We did chores then I went to my office to get weekly paperwork and bills paid.
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting ready for market tomorrow. Hubbie stayed up and waited for me to finish getting all the racks filled so he could go ahead and load them in the Honda tonight as g-daughter R is coming in the morning for me to take her to school and she would be very curious about the contents of these racks.
We made it to bed about midnight.
I have got to figure out how to get an earlier bedtime as these short nights of sleep are catching up with me slowly but surely.
Thankful for the strength God gives us each day and for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: