Saturday, September 23, 2017

MARKET DAY SATURDAY AND 1967 PIC

Up and ready to go to market this morning. Daughter met hubbie and I there with her baked goods. After we got set up business was pretty good all day. Hubbie and daughter walked down the street with g-daughter IR to a fruit stand to get some corn for lunch tomorrow as no one in market had any today.
Hubbie left to get home to work on cleaning off our garden and daughter and I took turns waiting on customers and taking care of g-daughter IR.
She was a good girl but needed to nap . After daughter and I both failed to get her to sleep the neighbor vendor Steve took her and got to sleep . he said his wife called him the "baby whisperer" and he worked his magic today on g-daughter.
She napped for over an hour which was very good for her mood.
We got ready and left at closing time. I made one stop at Sav Mor and then came home.
Daughter went home to rest . Son-in-love went with a friend to the Duke / UNC football game today.
After hubbie helped me unload and we got things put away hubbie went back to the garden and I took a rest. I am really tired this afternoon. Funny how market makes me more tired than any other day I work here all day.
When hubbie came inside we fixed some grilled vegetables with chicken for supper along with a couple ears of the corn he bought today.
We went back to the garden after supper and moved the new chicken tractor to a new spot in one end of the garden and then I did chores.
After chores we went down to #1 son's house to help get a book case upstairs to g-son's new room.
We came home and I put a Candy Roaster Squash in the oven to cook so I can make pies tomorrow from it.
The clouds rolled in this evening and we got a surprise short shower of rain tonight.
On this kind of boring day without any pics I will continue the decade series for the month. Back in September 1967 I had just started the 8th grade.
Praying tonight for all my kids that they may be safe and secure in all their activities in the coming days.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: