Monday, September 25, 2017

JUST MONDAY AND 1997 MEMORIES

Yes !!!!! It's Monday around here !!!!!!


A much needed bright spot on this Monday morning.

I took g-daughter RL to preschool for half day and I did laundry this morning while she was gone. Hubbie and I also went through a box of toys to get some new girls toys out.
After I picked RL up she slept for over an hour while we had lunch and fed IR her afternoon bottle.
RL ate her lunch when she work up then her and hubbie went outside to swing while I tried to get IR down for an afternoon nap. She was having a hard time going to sleep but finally I got her down in her swing for over an hour.
After both the girls were picked up hubbie and I watched the news. Hurricane Maria is going to get too close for comfort to the Outer Banks of the NC coast and cause some pretty serious damage .
Back in September of 1997 we had a 7th grader, 9th grader and 10th grader and they were all very active in sports.
#1 son was playing his last year of JV football and they had an undefeated year .

 #2 son had just finished a stellar season of baseball all stars who were NC state champions. They were recognized as they rode in the Apple Festival Parade.
And made a trip to Greensboro, NC to be recognized in a ceremony there.

Daughter was playing in her 1st year of middle school volleyball.
All three kids had their school year pics made that month.
#1 son in 10th grade...
#2 son in 9th grade.......
And daughter in 7th grade.
I was a very busy lady during this time as a friend of mine had opened up a business called the "Rusty Bucket" on highway 64.

 She asked me to put up a booth in the market and sell my sewn and baked goods as well as other things I bought for resale. This was my booth.

She also rented outside spaces and daughter loved to shop those tables !!!
I also ran my Curb Market table and juggled the two on certain days. This is my market booth of sewn items back then. I wasn't selling baked goods there yet.
This is daughter a friend , Nickie (in red) , manning the cold drink tub at Old Timey Day that year.
I couldn't keep up both these business for long with all the sporting events that the kids were in so I gave up the Rusty Bucket booth in late winter and concentrated on Curb Market which proved to be a good decision as the Rusty Bucket never really became a productive retail business and now she rents it out as a beauty shop and barber shop.
I am tired tonight and an early bedtime sounds great.
Thankful for a blessed day and for the love of Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.