Wednesday, September 20, 2017

SUMMER ENDING BEAUTY

Girls were both in much better moods this morning !!!


Hubbie had to be at the doctor's office in Asheville at 8:30 this morning for bloodwork for his annual physical so he left at 8:00 leaving me to deal with both girls so I was very glad they were not having crying spells today.
I loaded up both girls and took RL to her pre school. I carried IR in and RL had second thoughts about staying at school today since IR would be going back home with me but the teacher quickly got her distracted and I made a quick exit.
I am going to start referring to the grand girls with double letters since I is confusing when used alone. So she will be IR and R will now be RL. RL makes me smile each time I write it because that was my dad's initials and what a lot of people called him as a nickname.
IR went right to sleep when we left the school and I had all the rugs, furniture covers and comforters in the back of the Honda to wash at the laundry on the way home so this was a perfect time.
I put IR in the stroller and she slept almost the entire time I was in the laundry.
  Hubbie stopped to help on his way home from the doctors and we also had a nice visit with our Pastor Craig who saw hubbie's truck and checked in on us.
We got home about 10:15 and after fixing IR her bottle I hung out all the rugs on the clothesline and put all the other things away that I had dried at the laundry.
We ate lunch and then I did a load of the baby clothes daughter and d-in-love had sorted out for me to keep from the things they went through yesterday and was going to bake cakes until I realized I didn't have any shortening for the pound cakes . I decided to wait until later to bake everything so I could stop by the store.
As soon as g-daughter IR had her 1:00 bottle we headed over to the walking trail between our public parks.
The weather is so nice today but the sun is pretty hot and we picked a very sunny time of day for our walk. IR had to have a cover over her to her dismay but we had to  keep the sun off.
This is a beautiful time of year and almost right on time with the coming of Fall this beautiful blue colored sky appeared.
This is a beautiful walking trail and is lined with all the pretty "Fall" blooms even after the flood waters of last week left mud coverings on all the lower plants.



We pretty much had the trail to ourselves today.
We walked for 30 minutes and then turned around and came back to the car for a total of an hour of walking and over 10,000 steps according to my fitbit.
A good workout for the day and one we certainly need to start doing at least once a week.
Back home just before daughter came in from school.
I went back out to the volleyball game and held IR while daughter was the official score keeper for the JV game. They played 3 sets and lost to Reynolds High school. G-daughter slept some earlier but in the third set she was done with the hot noisy gym and I walked to calm her down. She was dressed in the school colors today !!!


I came home and did chores and then put 2 pound cakes and 2 pans of brownies in the oven for my baking for the day.
While they baked I did the weekly paperwork and paid bills. Hubbie's first SSI check went in the bank this week so I told him he was officially an old fart now , just like me !!!!
I got things packed up and we loaded my Honda so g-daughter RL who will be here early in the morning won't want to help herself to the goodies !!!
I made it to bed around 11:30 which is pretty good for a baking night.
Daughter took this 3 month old pic tonight of g-daughter  IR . My oh my how time is flying !!!!

Thankful for the beautiful world God created for us to enjoy and the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night





No comments: