Saturday, September 30, 2017

FALL HERITAGE DAY

No extra hour of sleep this Saturday morning as we need to get to market earlier for our Fall Heritage day celebration.
We got there in plenty of time and got set up before the crowds got bigger . On the outside we had biscuits and gravy for breakfast and music to entertain as folks spent a relaxing morning .


There was a combination of the old and new parked along the street.

Hubbie stayed and helped with the sales through mid morning and I am very thankful for the good sales day we had. I had on my "heritage" outfit for the day.
There was an art show up on Main street which added to the crowds in town today.
The weather has been as perfect as you could have wished for today with bright sunshine in mid 70's temps with a breeze making it feel really nice.
I love walking around market this time of year and seeing all the festive brightly colored Fall decor and goodies.


I finished the day almost sold out of my baked goods for the best day of this month.
I left market and stopped at Aldi which was very crowded and no fun to shop in today. All the roads seemed to be more crowded today making me fear the coming leaf season traffic headaches.
Hubbie was just finishing mowing the lawn when I got here and he helped me get things unloaded and put away.
I needed a few minutes of down time to rest my legs and mind before jumping into anything else this evening.
I reluctantly got up a little later and put some chicken tenders and tomato seasoning in the pressure pot for supper. Hubbie fried our last cutting of okra and some yellow squash I bought at market today on the grill to go with a couple ears of corn from market . It was a very good supper and now each time I eat fresh vegetables I savor them because I know they are quickly coming to an end.
After we ate we watched the news and then did the chores for the evening.
As September comes to an end and look back at the month I am humbly thankful for the wonderful memories we made.
We started the month out with fun at the 71st Apple Festival in downtown.
 On Labor day the family went on a hike to the Dupont State Forest waterfalls for a fun filled day.
We celebrated g-daughter RL's 2nd birthday at a small party at her house.

She also started a new preschool which is every day from 8:45-12:00 at Mud Creek Church and she loves it.

 A hurricane named Irma came through our area with high winds and flooding rains leaving a mess to clean up but thankfully no damage here.

Hubbie and I both had our annual physicals and bloodwork done this month and both of us are very healthy.
I have been going to all the home volleyball JV ball games with daughter while she kept score for the team.
Hubbie and I made a lake trip with #2 son this month as the boating season is drawing to an end with the cooler temps.
 We also took the girls on our first trip to the pumpkin patch .

G-son started his Fall soccer season and his team is doing well so far.
We have had a lot of fun with these two little loves as we watch the relationship between then blossom.
Hubbie is getting used to his retirement routine and we are doing things that we have been putting off and are enjoying things much more as we get used to new schedules and routines with both of us being here all the time.
Yes this has been a wonderful blessing filled month and as it becomes part of our family history we all have our eyes on our Lord and Savior to see what He has in store for us in October .
God Bless and Good Night.




No comments: