Tuesday, September 26, 2017

R. I. P. SWEET ANNIE

Up  a little extra early this morning as hubbie has his annual physical this morning and needs to be in Asheville at our doctor's at 8:00.
He helped me get both girls settled in and RL having her breakfast. I didn't shut up the chickens last night so I won't do anything with them until I get home after taking RL to preschool.
RL wanted to be my helper with IR this morning since hubbie was not here.
 Sweet sweet loves !!!!
We started loading up about 8:15 and made it to school right on time with both girls sleeping peacefully.
I woke them both up and carried g-daughter IR into the school with G-daughter RL.
RL went right in and started playing without hesitation today even with IR  there.
With IR fast asleep as soon as we got back on the road I stopped by a carwash and gave my Honda a good scrubbing. I haven't washed it in a long time and black tree sap was starting to get on the top and hood.
I came home and with g-daughter IR still sleeping I washed all the windows on the inside and scrubbed the last bits of sap from the top and hood.
Hubbie came in from his appointment with good news that he had dropped his Cholesterol from 267 to 226 in a years time by taking a couple Red Yeast Rice capsules each day.
He and I both are really trying to watch our health as we want to stay as healthy as we can to be able to help with these grand children as long as we can and we thank the Lord each day for allowing us the health to do it.
We came inside and while IR slept we had a late breakfast. Then I gave the chickens some corn and did some housecleaning.
We left early to go by Tractor Supply with a 10% off coupon and get chicken feed and shavings to put on the floors of the chicken houses before we picked up g-daughter RL from preschool.
When I went in to pick her up she was so excited as the fire truck was still outside and they had all got to get inside the big truck and the teacher said she had a very very good day.
As soon as we hit the road this happened and we made one more stop to pick up Bernie's medicine at our vet's office which is on the way home.
Both girls woke up when we got home after we  unloaded all the feed so we all had lunch together today.
Sadly this afternoon one of my outside 4-legged kids lost her battle with the infection that set up in an injured hip . Annie had suffered since early last spring with this leg and we had tried different treatments but nothing seemed to work. R.I. P. Annie we will miss your protections and patrols around the farm very much.
 And the kids will surely miss your good nature and patience with them.




Hubbie buried her in a hole he had already dug before we went on vacation thinking the other 4-legged outside kid named Sadie that is very old and senile would die while we were gone . This heat of the last few days is really taking its tole on her also.
D-in-love picked up RL and daughter ,IL and I got ready to go out to the volleyball game .
IL was all happy and ready to go cheer on the team.
But she got tired and bored pretty quick !!!!
North JV  played 3 sets and lost in a very close match to North Buncombe.
I came home after the game and did chores before hubbie headed over to daughters to meet son-in-love to try and straighten a tree that blew over during the storm.
I had a late supper tonight as I was really hungry.
This little sweetie is 14 weeks old today, stop getting so big so fast !
Thankful for the blessings of this day and thankful for mine and hubbie's good health that God blesses us with.
God Bless and Good Night







2 comments:

linda m said...

So sorry to hear about Annie. At least she is out of pain now. I love the picture of your two granddaughters asleep in the car. Blessings

Sandy Livesay said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Annie. May she rest in peace.
Sending hugs to y'all.