Saturday, September 16, 2017

BUSY SATURDAY

Up to get things done and get to market this morning. We made it on time and I was very surprised to find an almost full parking lot.
Sales were pretty good today with a couple large tour buses coming through. This time of year is a busy time for the tours as the leaves in the higher elevations start to get color.
I found an unusual object on my table today, do you see anything that looks like it doesn't belong ???
Someone left this little painted rock on my front shelf. I remembered the painted rocks that g-son found on our hike to the Dupont waterfalls and wondered if this one was from the same folks ?

Today was back to the 80's so I am back in my short pants for a while.
Daughter and g-daughter I came by market early and hubbie left with her to go out to her  sis-in-law Kristen's house to pick up some hand me down clothes from her daughter.
Daughter came back at the end of the day to help me load .
G-son had a soccer game earlier today and played goalie again today and did a great job with his long arms.

I only made one stop today at Ingles to pick up a small steak for hubbie and I to mix with the zuchini and yellow squash I bought at market today and with some bell pepper from our garden to put on our grill for our supper tonight.
I made it home today around 2:30 for a nice early start to my afternoon.
Hubbie was mowing the lawn and stopped to help me unload then went back to finish mowing while I relaxed for a few minutes.
When he finished mowing we both went up to work on finishing the new chicken tractor he has been working on. We put the wire around it and rolled it into position in the garden.
The big wheels on the back sure make it easy to move around.
I fixed the nest and feeder and water and we will wait for the chickens to roost tonight and move the oldest rooster with the oldest 5 hens in here for a while.
Boy will they be surprised in the morning when they hop down into all the grass and weeds under the cover. We figure we will move it once a week to get all the weeds out of the garden by winter time.
I did my walking this evening looking up at a really pretty sky .

And the serene quiet country landscape that I love.
Hubbie helped me move the hens around as darkness fell and we also put the youngest Moran pullets into the lot where we took the older hens from and blocked the gate between the Silkie lot and that lot for awhile until everyone gets comfortable with their new surroundings.
As hurricane season continues to pick up this year two new storms were named today. The "L" storm, Lee is not  expected to threaten any land and isn't expected to become very strong as it takes a northward turn.

On the other hand the "M" storm , Maria is a very fast moving storm and is expected to quickly gain strength and will follow the same destructive path that Irma just cleared.
 Not good news for the islands that were already 90% destroyed by Irma !!

And of course Jose is still threatening the north eastern coastal areas.
Wow !!!!

I am tired tonight and blogging early to get an extra early bedtime tonight.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and praying once again for all the folks in the path of this new storm.
God Bless and Good Night.











No comments: