Friday, June 22, 2018

BERRY PICKING, BAKING FRIDAY

No kid sounds this morning waking me up. I got chores done and was having breakfast when daughter arrived to pick up hubbie to go blackberry picking with her. IR was going along also so hubbie was there to take care of her as well.
After they left I quietly sat out in the sunroom and sipped another cup of coffee before beginning my busy baking Friday.
Just as I got the ovens filled with the first loads daughter and hubbie returned from berry picking . Daughter had picked 6 gallons and hubbie picked 1 for us and IR slept the entire time.
These are the early berries and they are huge and they taste so good.  

 Daughter left and I continued my baking. I baked 12 caramel, 5 chocolate, 6 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies finishing about 2:00.
Hubbie had worked in his shop all morning and came in for a late lunch. We cleaned house while the sky clouded up but the storms went around us today.
After I mopped myself out the door I did some yard work as a cool breeze was blowing .
I cut some of the Lemon Balm patch down and gave the chickens a healthy treat.
Then I tackled this vine that is trying to take over the Butterfly bushes and Forsythia in this area.
I have no idea what this vine is called or where it came from but it sure is a nuisance as it is thick and heavy and suffocates the plants it covers up.
This pile is only part of the vine I pulled out as I had to cut and leave some of the bigger vines under the bushes.
On the bright side my Mimosa trees are blooming with their soft feathery fragrant  blossoms.
While I did all this hubbie was working in the garden planting some more late things and tilling some of the early plant rows up.
We finished just in time to watch the news then get chores done.
I spent the evening icing cakes and getting ready for market.
I fell into bed very tired about 12:30 am.
Thankful for the blessings of this day. 
God Bless and Good Night.


 

No comments: