Thursday, June 14, 2018

EXTRA LONG MARKET BOARD MEETING and 1948 CLIMBING COW

When the alarm sounded this morning I couldn't figure out what day this was as I tried to get the cobwebs shook off. With the change in schedule this first week of summer vacation I am always confused so each night before bedtime I hang my clothes on the closet door for the next day. However some times this adds to the confusion as today when I had a skirt hanging there to wear to market and thought it was Sunday because that is usually the only day I wear a skirts and dresses.
Once I got things figures out I got chores done and we got ready for market. It is also strange to not have any babies here to get ready to go .
Daughter and IR are already at market along with daughter's niece, Addie who is staying with daughter on the days her mom and dad both work this summer.
Addie is going into 3rd grade so she is big enough to be a big help entertaining IR.
Daughter is managing market and hubbie and Addie took care of IR while I ran our booths. I sold good today thankfully and everything worked out well as IR took a long nap allowing hubbie to get his dump trip made and get us all some lunch at Ingles.
I was almost into a full blown migraine from not eating all morning by the time he got back with lunch, but thankfully I ate just in time and didn't get a headache.
We all helped pack things up then everyone left but me as the market board was holding a meeting after market today. We had some business and we also had asked the applicant , Sue , for the market manager's job to come in and answer some questions we had about her abilities.
After she left we continued out meeting and then tried to get some paperwork done on a stockholder list. I ended up leaving market at 5:30 and heading to Aldi.
I gave hubbie our banking business before he left thankfully .
At Aldi the parking lot was full and I felt like me headache was making a comeback so I just came straight home to get a few minutes rest and eat something else.
Hubbie helped me unload then we did chores.
I was feeling better after a small snack and decided I needed to go back to Aldi and Ingles tonight for baking supplies for tomorrow since we have g-son and g-daughter RL tomorrow while their mom works her last Friday of the school year.
Next week d-in-love will work 2 ten hour days so we will only have her kids on Mondays.
Wow what a nice uncrowded quick shopping trip I made tonight between 7 and 8 pm. Maybe I should think about this !!!
#1 son came up tonight bringing some of hubbie's tools back and visited for a while until an irate lady drove up mad about cows being in her garden and destroying her yard. They surely aren't ours since we don't have any cows and we checked with Aa and his cattle were all in his pastures so I don't know who owns the 7 cattle that are in this lady's yard but as mad as she was I'm certainly glad they weren't anyone we knew.
Hubbie and I rested for the evening.
I looked for decade pics for a little while this evening and found these from June 1948. Seems one of my uncle Anderson Holmes's cows was a tree climber as uncle Anderson and my aunt Hattie as well as another aunt Mary all held her lead rope as she climbed.



Thankful for the wonderful blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: