Tuesday, June 19, 2018

HOT DAY, BLUE LEG BANDS FOR 2018 CHICKS, 1978 FRIENDS

Heard IR coming in early as daughter dropped her off on her way to manage the market today.
I got chores done and then we had breakfast.
I needed to go get chicken feed this morning so we fed IR her morning bottle then made the trip. She went to sleep as soon as we got on the road and slept the entire time until we got home.
We picked up the feed then stopped at the Goodwill store just up the street to look for raincoats.
We didn't find any raincoats but of course found a couple other things.
We came home with a couple road detours around a bridge project.
We got here just in time to have lunch and IR was hungry after her long nap.
Then her and hubbie swung until the heat of the day ran them inside.
Another hot humid day and a good day to find inside things to work on. I did my ironing before daughter came after IR then hubbie had an eye doctor exam at 3:30 so we headed there.
While he was in the office I went to Go Grocery to pick up some eggs to bake with and then stopped in the consignment shop next door to the doctor.
I helped hubbie pick out new frames when he came out of the exam. He hasn't had an exam in 4 years so his vision changed enough to need new glasses but his eye health was very good.
We left there and stopped by another Goodwill on the way home but still no luck in finding raincoats or boots.
Back home the sky was dark and the clouds looked threatening but we got no rain.
We watched the news then did chores. I moved some bigger chicks into the hen lot and put blue leg bands on them for the 2018 hatch.
I baked some cakes tonight to get a jump on Thursday's orders. I baked 2 chocolate, 1 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake.
The heat of the day has hubbie and me pretty wiped out tonight so we are headed to an early bedtime.
Back in June of 1978 my cousin Debbie lived with me. This is a picture of Deb with Ginger my little female poodle.
A couple friends who were at our house a lot were Isabelle.....
And Joy.....
And we are in this picture with some more of our friends. I have no idea what is going on here but I am the only one smiling ???
Fun times back then and friends for life.
Thankful for God's blessings today and everyday present and past as well as future.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

Hot and humid here also. Blessings!