Thursday, June 21, 2018

SUMMER SOLSTICE 2018

Market day Thursday came early but thankfully I slept all night even after my nap yesterday afternoon so I feel rested and ready to go.
Son-in-love brought IR by this morning on his way to work just before 8am because daughter got up at 4:00 this morning to drive to Burlington to a teachers workshop on a new online class she is teaching and won't be back until tonight.
We got ready and headed out to the market only a few minutes late.
IR was in a good mood and smiled and waved to everyone when we arrived. Hubbie carried all the things inside while I held her then he took her over and I got set up.
We had a pretty good selling day for the amount of folks who came in. Thankfully I had 3 orders for multiple cakes that added to the totals.
IR was a good sport all day as hubbie helped Bobby with the managers job in the absence of daughter. The three of them took good care of things I'm sure !!!
She wore out just before lunch and took a good nap.
The clouds have hung around all day keeping the temperature in the low 80's for a break from the really hot weather but the humidity is very high as a cold front pushes through our area.
We left at closing time and hubbie went by the dump to make his weekly drop off and IR went with me to stop by the bank and PO on our way home as the rain started lightly falling.
IR was in a great playful mood all afternoon until her daddy picked her up about 6:00 when he got off work. Unfortunately she has discovered her squealer !!!!
D-in-love stopped by with RL and g-son after a day at Otter water park in Greenville, SC and the kids were pretty tired.
Hubbie and I did chores then after waiting to shut the chicken house doors and helping some of the new residence get back inside the houses hubbie and I made a trip to Walmart for my baking supplies for tomorrow. I have several orders already and more are coming in tonight.
We didn't get back until 10:30 so I am blogging and then getting in bed for another long busy day tomorrow.
This is the first day of summer 2018 even though it has really felt like summer for a while now. Today is the longest day light of the year and tomorrow the days begin to get shorter.

Thankful for all the blessings of this day and for the grace of good health.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: