Tuesday, June 26, 2018

G-SON IS OFF TO CAMP

Up to greet g-daughter IR around 7am this morning while daughter went to manage the Curb market today.
I got a few extra zzzz's as hubbie got up to have breakfast with her.
I got chores done and then had my breakfast.  I fixed IR a bottle to wash her eggs and waffle down and then started changing out my monthly décor and furniture and bed covers to the red, white and blue patriotic colors for July.
I cleaned and worked on this while IR napped and hubbie worked some outside.
The sun is hot and it feels really humid outside so we are expecting storms this evening.
There was 6/10ths inch of rain in the gauge from yesterday's and last nights rain.
We all had lunch and then I did a load of laundry and finished the décor changes.
I went outside to take IR out and set her up in her bouncy to watch as I washed the chicken waterers but the sky was so dark over the bottom pastures and it looked like rain was headed our way even though at the time the sun was shining here we went back inside to wait and see what happened.
I sat out in the sunroom and watched the rain drops start to fall and listened to the thunder get closer and closer.
Thankfully we were on the outskirts of another damaging storm that left 5,000 folks around our area without power this evening.
Daughter picked IR up after her basketball open gym and then hubbie and I decided to try to get the washing done between rains.
We weren't successful at getting things done without raindrops falling on us but we got our rain gear on and finished the job. This is what I call my chicken dish washing .
I'm sure the chickens and quail will be very grateful for our efforts with their fresh clean water.
Today was a big day for g-son as he left for Centri-kid camp at Ridgecrest. He and Nic, his best friend were the only boys going on the trip and Enrique volunteered to go along as their chaperone.


This is the whole group that went. They are staying until Saturday. I pray they all have a wonderful time and learn more about worshipping the Lord.
Another big beginning is the ground breaking for the new Edneyville elementary where d-in-love works and all the ground kids will attend . It sure will be nice to have a new and safer school .
The rain continued again for the evening very lightly but thankfully no storms.
Thankful for all the blessings of today.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Good luck to G-son at camp. Blessings