Monday, April 22, 2019

BACK TO ROUTINE MONDAY

Back on schedule this Monday morning with all the kids coming in around 7am. Daughter dropped IR and picked up g-son for school and hubbie fed the girls breakfast while I got chores done. It still feels like late winter this morning with a 40 degree windy morning.
I took RL to pre-school and she was happy to get back to see all her classmates today.
I came home and had breakfast while IR snacked and hubbie went outside to get his chores done.
I got weekly laundry started and then gathered all the empty Easter eggs together to be put away for another year. I figured bills for last week since I didn't have time last Wednesday night .
We all went to pick up RL and then made a stop by Burger King to have lunch. Just look at that beautiful blue sky !!!
I had to have chicken feed today so we made a trip to Fletcher feed and along the way made stops to pay some insurance and mail some other bills.
The girls jabbered and sang all the way there and we were going to take them to play at Fletcher park but it was closed due to flood damage so we came home.
After I got another load of laundry started we headed outside for the afternoon.

BB came in to stay while his mom went to a class at the hospital and we took a break inside. He and RL saw something very entertaining in this book !!!

And all 3 of them loved the big balloons I brought home from market Saturday.
D-in-love brought EL home with her and soon all 5 kids big and little were playing together and having fun.
After all the kids left I put away the toys and noticed the first Iris bloom today.
This old fashioned Snowball bush is loaded with snowballs again this year. 
As I did chores I did a chick update.
First these are the bigger chicks I picked up on April 10th and the store had fed them for 2 weeks until my other chicks came. These are 7 Golden Sexlinks.
I snuck up on this little one taking a siesta on top of the waterer closer to the light bulb. He was really having a good deep nap.
These are the day old Araucana chicks I picked up on April 10th with this Silkie hen who had been setting and is such a wonderful mama hen and she is still sitting on a couple eggs I gave her.
This poor Silkie has been sitting on these Silkie eggs for almost 4 weeks now I think and none have hatched which surprises me. I am going to check at Tractor Supply tomorrow morning to see if they have any chicks to give to her.
And this past Saturday I pulled these 2 sitters from the regular house and gave this black one 10 guinea eggs to hatch and gave the white one some of the Maran and Dominique eggs and a couple of the blue Orpington eggs to see what she can hatch.

I took the clippers on my walk this evening and clipped some pesky weeds and vines from some shrubbery. I am going to make a point of taking the clippers along each day and doing a little work along to keep the pesky weeds who seem to do very well in wet weather at bay.
I came inside at dark and relaxed for the evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night










1 comment:

linda m said...

Sounds like a lovely day in your area. I was able to do some yard work yesterday in our lovely temps. Blessings