Friday, April 26, 2019

BAKING AND DOG SEARCH FRIDAY

Yay for T.G.I.F.  !!!  Got chores done and got RL to pre-school then made a stop at Ingles to pick up baking supplies for today.
Back home I had breakfast while IR snacked and hubbie did his chores outside.
I have a couple orders so I have longer baking time today so I started earlier.
I baked 6 caramel, 6 pound cakes and a pan of brownies.  We took a break for lunch and then hubbie tried every way he could think of to get IR to take a nap to no avail.
Just as I was taking the last cakes out of the ovens I got a call from d-in-love saying that a neighbor called and told her Abe her basset hound was out in the road. The high winds that have been blowing today must have shook the gate open to their yard fence and he escaped.
Hubbie took the truck to go look for him and IR and I walked down to their house where Deb and RL were also looking for him. Daughter and g-son came in and they went across the road in Re's pasture to search and Re and the kids also came down to help look.  My niece and her husband saw him in the road and were also searching. With all these people looking with no sign of him  we all figured someone must have picked him up. Then hubbie came driving in with Abe in his truck, we were right someone had picked him up and they had stopped up the road and hubbie happened to see Abe stick his head up in their back seat. He stopped and asked for him and took him out of their car. He said it was 2 young girls and he thought they had just picked him up out of the road and were trying to decide what to do with him.
Anyway at least the search had a good ending.
IR and RL were just glad to have some time together this afternoon and enjoyed donuts and milk.



After everyone left hubbie and I got chores done and then I walked around the farm checking for downed limbs and damage. Thankfully I only found one limb that had fallen into the pasture without even hitting the fence thankfully.  The winds have calmed down this evening thank goodness as earlier it was pretty scary .
This Azalea has really spread out this year and is so pretty.

I came inside and started icing my cakes and getting things ready for market. Market business seems to be picking up a little bit and I am thankful.
I got into bed around midnight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: