Sunday, April 28, 2019

RESTFUL SUNDAY AND 2009 MEMORY

Could have gotten an extra hour of sleep this morning but on this Sunday my internal clock still said it was time to wake up at 7:00 today.
I got chores done and then had breakfast before we cleaned the kitchen and cook some fresh corn on the cob I bought at market yesterday.
We went to church and served our quarterly nursery duty Sunday. #1 son and g-son came in to help with the 5 little ones we had.  I held one of the smaller little boys the entire time.
We left and came home to have lunch with #1 son's family and Aa's family. We had roast beef , mashed potatoes and green beans to go along with the corn.
We picked a tentative date for our summer beach trip depending if we can find a place to stay .
After everyone left hubbie and I had a restful Sunday afternoon. The sun was pretty warm out there today and a few passing clouds threatened rain but none came.
Hubbie and I took a walk around our lower pasture to check to see the damage from the last flood we had. We found a couple places where the fence is down but there are no cattle in the pasture now so they can wait to be fixed. The grass is getting really tall and the Buttercups are making their springtime appearance.

We came back to the house and did chores. The sun reflecting off the clouds made for a pretty picture tonight.
I need to get the last decade pics for April on here today and this one I found from 2009 was a picture of our farm pond at that time. I wish I had taken a pic from this spot today because this view certainly has changed in the last 10 years with all the floods and droughts this old pond has endured during that time.
That's why I love these decade pics , to see the changes that have come over the years is really interesting and surprising some time.
I took the plastic off my hen house windows tonight and all I could think about while I did it was how it seemed like only yesterday that I was putting it on to ward off the cold winter winds that would be coming with winter time. Time is just slipping away and I wish I knew a way to slow each day down and enjoy it longer and deeper but since that's not possible at least I have these pics to look back on and enjoy the memories of fleeting days, months and years.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Would you believe I woke up Sunday morning to snow on the ground. By afternoon it was all melted. April sure has given us some strange weather. Have a great day.