Wednesday, April 10, 2019

BEAUTIFUL BUT SAD DAY

Up to get this beautiful day started. I got chores done and then took RL to pre-school.  Back home to have my breakfast while IR snacked and hubbie got his outside chores done.
I  was waiting on a call from Valley Ag where I ordered 12 chicks that were supposed to come in today and when the call didn't come by mid-morning I called them and was told the chicks wouldn't be here until tomorrow.
Today is such a nice day we had to get outside this morning .
IR enjoyed playing with "Meow Meow" while hubbie and I worked to clear a spot of vines and some wild bushes just to clear them away from around the Japanese Maple we moved several years ago. It is doing so good in the new spot and has magnificent color so we want to clear around it so it can show off a little more.
At lunch time we went back inside and we all had a good lunch and then I ran over to my friend / beautician and got my hair cut. She is always good to work me in between color clients.
IR begged to go back outside as soon as i got back home. I made a cup of coffee and sat out in the back patio to drink it and IR lounged in the lawn chair and watched me. She just loves being outside even if she's just sitting.

She got tired and hubbie sat with her in the living room when we came inside while I baked. I only baked 2 pound cakes and a pan of brownies. I have been debating all afternoon on what to do tomorrow with the chicks now coming in the morning, IR's other g-ma who usually picks her up on Thursdays is out of town so she will be with us all day and we also badly need to get our potatoes planted before the predicted several days of rainy weather start late tomorrow so I am contemplating skipping market tomorrow and getting all these things taken care of.
I have one order to fill but the customers had rather meet tomorrow afternoon anyway to pick it up.
 A new winter storm named Wesley is dumping April snow in many states in the mid west and will bring us rain starting Friday for the weekend.


When daughter came in to pick IR up I got her to drive me up to the church with cakes for an after funeral dinner for the family of Chris Jackson, the young man who passed away last weekend.


D-in-love is helping provide the music at the funeral so hubbie and I are keeping RL this evening as g-son wants to go support his friend who is the son of Chris so #1 son is going with him.
Hubbie mowed our lawn completely for the first time this season.
I love the aroma of a freshly mowed lawn and it always looks so neat right after the mowing.
I love the blooming Redbud trees this time of year and am always amazed to see the flowers sprouting directly from the tree trunk and bare limbs.


RL helped hubbie unload some post from his truck in the barn.

I did chores then three of us sat out in the covered patio and talked and sang songs that RL picked until her mom picked her up at almost 8:00.
She said it was a touching service and very sad time for everyone.
After RL left hubbie and I watched Survivor on TV then I did weekly paperwork and got the March monthly paperwork finished. March was a pretty good sales month for me at market thankfully.
I was glad to get into bed a little early tonight.
RL had her spring pictures made and she did a great job smiling in all of them, here are my 2 favorites.


Thankful for the blessings of this day and continuing my prayers for the Jackson family.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: