Friday, April 5, 2019

CELEBRATING EL'S 6th BIRTHDAY

Friday, already ?????   Seems I was just typing a post for last Friday a minute ago.
Today started out rainy but only a light rain so far that left 3/10ths inch in the gauge.
I got chores done and got RL to preschool before stopping for gas and eggs to bake with from Ingles on the way home.
IR and I had breakfast while hubbie worked outside.
I have too much baking to do to get even a good start this morning before it is time to pick up RL. I tweeked a muscle in my back lifting RL out of the car this morning so on this dreary morning while hubbie and IR took naps in the living room in front of the TV I layed back down in the bed on my heating pad.
I fought sleep all the time I layed there and finally when I really felt like I was going to loose the battle with the sand man I got up.
We all went to pick up RL and then stopped and had lunch at Burger King on the way home.
Both girls were ill tempered on the ride home but neither took a nap.
I started baking as soon as we got everyone settled inside and I baked 3 caramel, 2 chocolate, 4 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies.
#1 son came in after going to the dentist to have 4 teeth pulled and a partial put in and he was still trying to get the bleeding stopped . He takes an asprin everyday since he had that artery replacrment and his blood is thin so he bleeds easily.
The delivery man from Home Depot called and said he was on his way to daughters with the decking lumber so #1 son went over to meet him to help show him where to unload it.
Daughter and #1 son came in about the same time and son took RL home and daughter took IR and hubbie to pick up the U-Haul truck. They barely got there in time before the place closed.
Hubbie brought the truck home and then we both did chores early.
After son-in-love got off work hubbie drove the truck and went with them to son-in-love's sisters house in Polk county to get the rest of their things they have in storage.
I went to EL's 6th birthday party at Aa's house. She is celebrating late because her mom was sick last weekend on March 31st when her birthday was.
She was happy to have her rainbow cake and friends to celebrate with her.







Re made tacos for supper and they were delicious so we all had a good visit as Aa's dad and stepmom were there also.
I left the party and came home to get my cakes iced for market.
Hubbie didn't get home until around 9:30 with the truck loaded. He parked it at daughter's and him and #1 son will help unload it tomorrow.
Tommy, son-in-love's dad and one of his brothers, Kevin are going to build the deck behind their house tomorrow also. We are all surely hoping for a beautiful day for outside work.
I finished getting things ready for market and got ready for bed after  long long week.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the strength that allows us to get all these things done.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: