Tuesday, April 16, 2019

BEAUTIFUL DAY

This second day of spring break started off as another beautiful day but a little cooler at 34 degrees. I got chores done and then had breakfast. I made a couple phone calls and then daughter brought IR by to stay while she ran an errand in town.
While hubbie and IR played upstairs I went downstairs and cleaned up around the wood stove. While we are using it everyday when it is cold it gets messy with hubbie carrying wood in and chopping kindling around the stove so I usually let it go until we are finished needing a fire before I clean up. We actually had a small fire last night so there is still some embers in there to put all the scrap wood and bark pieces laying around and get them burned.
I came upstairs and had lunch with hubbie and IR then we went outside . The sun is shining and it is in the low 70's so it is really a nice day.
The brightest greens always show up after a good rain.

There are more Azaleas joining the blooming party now above the house and it is looking so colorful.

When daughter got back her and hubbie took IR and went to buy lumber and some other things she needed for her house.
I started baking to get a head start on Easter orders. I baked 6 caramel, 1 pound cake and a pan of brownies.
Hubbie came in just as I was taking the last ones our of the ovens. We watched the news then did chores.
After chores we took a walk around a still partially flooded bottom pasture to check on a place in the creek to see if a tree had fallen, thankfully it hasn't .
By the time we walked all around the water to get to the creek and back the same way it was dark. I shut the chickens all up and came inside to rest the evening away.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: