Wednesday, April 17, 2019

PICKENS FLEA MARKET DAY

An early 6:30 alarm this morning to get on our way down the mountain to our spring time Pickens flea market. The sun isn't over the horizon quite yet as I get chores done.

Daughter and IR arrived just before 7:30 to pick us up. We met d-in-love and the kids on the road as they had stopped to get breakfast.
It was 40 degrees when we left the house and pretty cool when we got there but the sun warmed the day quickly and before we knew it we were shedding our jackets and getting a sunburn.
IR is going through the "don't take my picture ever" stage.

We all found some bargains today as every sales table was occupied today and there was a crowd of buyers. Daughter came out the best as she was looking for plants, trees and flowers to plant around her house and she found some great deals in these.
D-in-love also got some plants. The kids all found some things and they had snow cones to cool off with.




We were some of the last customers to leave the market today and then we headed to Arbys to have a late lunch.
We stopped by daughters first to help her unload as we had two 8 foot tall willow trees wrapped around the inside of her van.
She dropped us at home about 3:45 for a long tiresome day of walking.  After a short rest to let my feet cool down I went up to the garden and planted the 8 Russian Kale plants I bought.

I only bought useful things and food on this trip and refrained from anything else, although I've kicked myself all evening for not buying a different type of Hosta that one of the sellers had because I forgot about the big pot in the back yard where the Almond bush died out off and that would have been a perfect place for that Hosta.
RL was a tired girl also and fell asleep on the trip home and took a good nap after being carried inside then she was ready to give her little chickens some love and swing the evening away.


IR also had a good nap on the ride home and was ready to help water all the plants after they were planted. She stood under the cold water from the hose and shivered but refused to move !!
Then on this 80 degree day she broke out the iceys .

Hubbie and I got chores done and then came inside to watch Survivor on TV . I was going to ice my caramel cakes while I watched but discovered I was a bag of powdered sugar short. I called daughter and she had an extra so son-in-love brought it over during the show.
I iced the cakes then did some paperwork and got things ready for market. Thankfully it wasn't too late because I am really tired from my early morning.
Thankful for the blessings of a wonderful family filled day and thankful for the traveling mercies we all had today.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: