Friday, April 12, 2019

RAINY FRIDAY

Rain greeted me this morning as i went out to get the chores done. The wind must have blown pretty hard last night because several things were blown over and the cover over g-son's 4-wheeler was blown off.
I took RL to pre-school and she was excited about their Easter egg hunt today.
I stopped at Ingles on the way home for gas and some things we needed.
When I got home IR and I ate breakfast while hubbie got things done outside.
The rain is light this morning but we are supposed to get some storms later today.
I baked 6 caramel cakes this morning so I can ice them earlier so a customer can get one this afternoon.
We all went to pick up RL and she was happily hopping along in her bunny face with her egg bucket.
We made another stop at Ingles to take advantage of some of their Friday afternoon specials and the girls got to drive the cart.

We came home and had lunch and the girls both ate a good lunch and were ready for an afternoon of play time.
They both wanted to go outside but the rain continued all afternoon keeping them confined inside and it was a good rainy afternoon for a joint pretend naptime.
I kept an eye on the new chicks today and as I walked by these Hostas growing along the hen lot fence I noticed how this rain has really made them pop with color.
And the rain also is bringing out the fragrance of the few Lilac blossoms on this old fashioned Lilac bush in the back yard.
After both girls were picked up I got the 6 caramel cakes iced and the customer came and picked up 2 of them to take with her to Florida tomorrow.
Seems everyone is traveling this weekend so I pray for safety on the roads for all the travelers.
The chicks are all doing great this evening as I do chores. One of the little day old chicks has went back to snuggle with the silkie hen but the other 5 haven't had that urge yet and the hen is still sitting on that 1 egg that is now a couple days past hatch date.
I dumped 4/10ths inch from the rain gauge on my way back inside tonight for the day's total so far.
I spent the evening getting things ready for market tomorrow.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night






No comments: