Thursday, October 1, 2020

HELLO OCTOBER

 Up tp greet a new day and a new month this morning with the arrival of IR and CA.   Hubbie picked up g-son and took him to school as Deb, their other g-ma came to stay with RL today.                                    When he got back I got my leg stretches done and then headed out on a chilly morning to get chores done.  It's hard to believe I am already wearing my insulated cover-alls to get chores done.                     IR and CA had breakfast with me when I came back inside and then we got ready to make a couple deliveries and pick up some curb side groceries and pick up some things from the Amazon returns store.     CA slept almost the entire time and we got everything done plus stops for lunch as IR wanted those "sweet" puppies from Cook-Out to go along with the school lunch we stopped to pick up.                Everyone ate a good lunch when we got home. I had some of the fresh lettuce that is growing in one of my raised bed gardens and it was delicious.                                                                                                 We had a playtime afternoon some inside and some outside in the nice sunshine.                                           


Daughter picked IR to go with her and d-in-love and RL to pre-view a friends get sale in Saluda and then hubbie took CA to son-in-love when he got home from work.                                                             We got chores done and then I did my walking this afternoon with a pretty blue eyed companion.           
We are trying to give Rosie more and more freedom each day to see if she will hopefully stay on our property. So far so good but we have always been outside with her.                                                            I feel sorry for some of my hens as this molting season has been one of the ugliest ones I've seen lately and this poor hen looks embarrassed at how she looks.                                                                                
Soon as we know she will be even more beautiful than she was with all new shiny feathers. I hope they get those feathers back before the really cold sets in.                                                                                    It has been another beautiful fall day to welcome in October 2020 with sunshine but this evening it is windy and getting really cool with a cold front that is pushing into the area overnight dropping morning temps to around 40 degrees.  

 Hubbie and I rested this evening and got an early bedtime.                                                                         Thankful for the blessings of this day.                                                                                                          God Bless and Good Night