Saturday, October 10, 2020

RAINY RESTFUL SATURDAY THANKS TO DELTA

 Well I had a rough night with my "good" knee. Right before I was getting ready for bed my knee caught like it has several times before and I couldn't get it to release like it always has done before. It feels like my knee cap actually slides out of place and then goes back in. Tonight I could hardly stand to put any weight on it and it hurt even when I got into bed with an ice pack. I tossed and turned for a long time trying to find a spot that it didn't hurt. I tried ice and then heat but nothing helped. Finally I got to sleep and when I got up this morning it was still very painful so I put a knee brace on to get chores done. It started raining overnight and is still raining this morning but thankfully only lightly while I was outside.     I had breakfast then started once again trying to get things in my knee back in place so it would stop hurting. I sat at the dining room table and raised and lowered my leg several times and all of a sudden the pain left so I knew it had slipped back into proper place.  It was still very sore from all the walking I had to do on it so I left the brace on it and tried to stay off it as much as possible.                                                 I sat with it elevated most of the morning until lunch time.  After we ate lunch IR and CA came to stay while daughter made a delivery and picked up an order at Aldi.                                                                      When daughter got back she used my new straightening brush to brush out some of the curl from IR's hair to see how long it was.                                                                                                                                       




Her hair is really long but it didn't take it long to curl back up in all this moisture !!!

After they left hubbie and I did some house cleaning before we did chores.  It has rained all day pretty much and there was 1.65 inches of rain in the gauge at chore time.    I gathered some greens while I was out to cook for supper. They are getting big and they were delicious cooked for 15 minutes in the pressure pot with some butter and seasonings.                                                                                              Thankful to be getting things already from out "fall" garden.                                                                       This is the first decorated pumpkin of the season as IR made this "spider" pumpkin.                                 

Thankful for the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night

No comments: