Thursday, July 18, 2013

MOVING BEGINS FOR #2 SON

So nice to have hubbie here to help get ready for market. Thankfully the ole back is much better this morning so I am going to think before lifting things today !!!  I promise myself that !!!
Market was busy early but slowed as the day heated up. The sunshine is nice but the temperature and humidity make it feel uncomfortable. Hubbie left market around lunch time to go up to #2 son's house and get a load of things he has packed up to store in our basement. #2 son is off tomorrow so that is when the main moving will commence !! Good luck guys me and my sore back will be cheering for ya !!!
 Haha !! As market closing time rolled around and I looked around and realized I would have to load all the empty racks in my van without any help my thought was "well at least I made it until 2pm", before lifting anything heavy today !!!
I made  my regular errand runs and picked up baking supplies for tomorrow's baking on the way home.
Hubbie helped me unload and then we rested until the phone rang with #2 son on the other end saying he had gotten off work a little early today and since it wasn't raining today would we come and haul a load to the condo.
We did chores and headed up to his house. I will be glad to have him back on our side of town instead of having to make this 30 minute drive up the mountain.
We loaded his truck, hubbie's truck and my van. He completely emptied his guest bedroom of a nice big heavy bedroom suit.
The condo he is renting is in this gated community just a mile out the road from our house.
If you have followed my blog long you will remember my daughter looking at a couple condo's to buy in this development when she was house hunting.
He will be living in a lower condo unit.
They are nice a roomy and he can get all his furniture in one of the spare bedrooms. He thought his house buyers were going to buy some of his furniture but he never heard anything else from them about it.
We met the neighbor who lives above him tonight,she seemed nice. It was funny when they dropped something we all jumped. He said he would need to get used to that because Mindy (who owns the condo) told him you could hear it if they dropped something or stomped up there.
It was 10:00 when hubbie and I finally made it home and got some more things unloaded that he is storing here.
I baked 12 caramel cakes tonight so we can get back to moving him early tomorrow before the better chances of rain come in tomorrow afternoon.
Thankful to God for His guidance today and every day and especially thankful for the graciousness He shows me each day. And very thankful tonight that I won't need the heating pad on my back again.
Good Night and God Bless.


4 comments:

linda m said...

I am glad to hear your back is getting better, just keep taking it easy. The condo looks very nice. I live in a townhouse and it was hard to get used to someone else's noise. Have a great weekend and God bless you.

Unknown said...

I pray your back will hold up through out this move. Just try to remember when you start to pick up something more than 10 lbs. Have a good market day and weekend to come.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Moving again.. That son has done his share, hasn't he??? Hope he can finally buy a home he really wants and loves... I'd love that home on the mountain --but I guess it's not very pratical!!!! Nice condo though...

PLEASE take care of your back... You don't want to mess it up again... Bless your heart...

Finally, not much rain around here --but it has gotten quite hot (mid-80's).. Guess I shouldn't complain since it could be WORSE.

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

OK, NOW I'M GETTING NERVOUS ABOUT YOU NOT POSTING YOUR DAYLY LIFE. I'M PRAYING THAT NOTHING HORRIDABLE HAPPEN TO YOU OR YOUR FAMILY. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU NOT TO DO YOUR BLOG EVERYDAY. EVEN ON VACATION DAYS YOU LIVE US WITH LOVE AND HOPE.SO PLEASE LET US KNOW THAT YOUR OK. I WORD. [OK].

GRANNY LOU