Wednesday, July 31, 2013

HAPPY 59th TO ME

Up extra early today to get the outside chores done before little Evy gets here. Her mom has a nursing class to attend this morning so she gets to keep g-son company while she is gone.
G-son arrived at 7:00 and promptly hit the couch for some extra zzzz's today.
When Evy arrived they became fast friends again. G-son was glad to have some company even if she couldn't get up and play with him.
These are the Sesame Street buddies.
He is so gentle and good with her and she just wants to do everything he does.
Evy is getting really good at using her hands to grab things and today she even held her own bottle for a few minutes.
Needless to say I had a nice relaxed morning with these two precious ones. Just before her mom came to pick her up Evy got really fussy and wouldn't take her bottle but was fine when mom got here.
I spent the afternoon with weekly paperwork and paying bills for the last two weeks. It's amazing how much stuff accumulates over just one missed week.
G-son and I had a cake delivery to make at 3:00 and on the way we spotted a huge flock of Canadian Geese in this field.
Don't know what was so special for them to eat here but there were lots of them ! This picture is just the middle of the flock.
Back home I baked 4 pound cakes and iced my last 6 caramel cakes for tomorrow's orders.
Out of the 30 caramel cakes I've made this week I will only have 6 wholes and 6 halves to put out for sale after all the orders so far tomorrow.
I had to much to do tonight to check in on Bible school but daughter came by and said things went well.
She brought me my birthday gifts reminding me that I am a year older today. Today I begin the last year of my 50's decade. Oh well it's just a number anyway,right !!!  I get to celebrate later with the family at Cracker Barrel my favorite restaurant with the gift card the kids bought me and she also brought my secret sister gift which was a nice set of old milk bottle replicas that hold tea lights.
This is me just 33 1/2 short years ago in December of 1979 right before hubbie and I were married.
Yeah, 33 1/2 years and 3 kids later I do look a bit different !!!!
Thanking God tonight for the wonderful full life He has blessed me with in these 59 years and praying that it be in His will that I have many more.
Good Night and God Bless.




5 comments:

Sandy Livesay said...

Happy Birthday Carolina Nana!

Your only as old as you feel, 29 and holding right :-)

Enjoy your evening.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Birthday, Marilyn... You get prettier --although you have always been a pretty woman!!!!!!

Cracker Barrel is the best place to celebrate with your family. I'm sure you will enjoy it!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

linda m said...

Happy Birthday Carolina Nana! May God bless you and keep you in His Care.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday and I pray you have many more happy years to celebrate as well.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY A DAY LATE. I DIDN'T CHECK IN YESTERDAY. JUST WAIT UNTILL YOU GET INTO YOUR 70'S. YOU FIND YOURSELF DOING ALOT OF THINKING ABOUT YOUR 50'S. LOL

GRANNY LOU