Saturday, July 27, 2013

RAINY TRAVEL DAY HOME

Up early before 8am to get on the road long before the regular 10am check-out time. Luckily our house had a key pad entry so we had no keys to have to return to the realty office which is a good 30 minute drive from us when there is no traffic.  We only had to throw the pieces of paper with the code on them away and lock the door.
With daughter following we were on the road by 9am.
Traffic was still pretty heavy for us on the route we choose. We come across NC on highway 74,bypassing all the large cities and most of the small towns. We were making excellent time until we hit the 485 bypass loop around Charlotte,then the rains came !!  Hard rain, thunder and streaking lightening. Traffic slowed to a crawl and I prayed that no one had an accident.
We drove in rain all around the loop then on interstate 85 ,then on highway 74 again until we reached Shelby,NC.
By this time it was after 1:00 and we hadn't stopped for anything to eat or a bathroom break because of the pouring rain. So we stopped at Chick-fi-la and grabbed chicken fingers and were off again trying to get home before more rains came.
Thankfully the rest of the trip was rainfree and we made it home still just after 3:00 ,whew !!
We spent the afternoon unpacking, gleaning the garden,pulling weeds and getting the animals back to their normal routines. Aaron's cattle were in the upper pasture because of a near flooding rain storm that hit last night and this morning.
It feels so good to be home !!!  I can't wait to get in my own bed tonight !!
Daughter and d-in-love went to church tonight to decorate their VBS classroom.
Hubbie and I had to go grocery shopping tonight so we would have something for Sunday's family lunch tomorrow.
If you know me you know I couldn't have went anywhere without snapping some photos of some local feathered friends. Enjoy these beach birds !





It is 10:40 and I am headed to take a nice long hot bath and get into my own bed for a comfortable night's sleep.
Very, very grateful tonight for God's traveling mercies of yesterday and today to allow the family to get home safely and thankful for all the blessings He showers me with each day.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Sandy Livesay said...

Welcome back home :-)

It's so nice to go on vacation but there is nothing better than returning to the comfort of your own home and bed.

I love the pictures of the birds at the beach.

Sleep well!

Anonymous said...

I LAUGH BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE A PEEPING TOM WHEN I READ BLOGS. YOURS IS ONE OF THE BEST TOP 10. I LOVE THERE'S STILL A FEW OF US FAMILY PEOPLE LEFTAND ENJOYING EACH OTHERS COMPANY. SO GLAD YOU HAD ALOT OF FUN AT THE BEACH WITH THE GRANDSON. I'M SURE HE'S THE CENTER OF ATTENTION. AS IT SHOULD BE. GRANNY