Thursday, August 1, 2013

BUSY DAY BEGINS AUGUST

Off to market today with plenty of time to spare or so I thought !   Just a little over a mile out the road I ran into a major traffic jam. As I eased along wondering if someone had a wreck the "road construction ahead"  sign came into view along with a couple of utility buckets up in the air. I turned around and headed back another way to get around all the traffic, making a mental note not to use this road for awhile.
I got to market just a few minutes late and got set up before the first customer came anyway.
I had a good selling day, selling everything I had except a couple cake halves.
Daughter got up early and went to pick blackberries,she made it to market with them about 10:30. With a lunch date with her previous boss and her replacement at the elementary school she worked at set  for 12:30 she had a couple gallons left of her 6 gallons that she picked so she took them home to bake with.
About 1:00 the sky grew very dark and thunder and lightening started along with a strong wind. It looked like we were in for a major storm but luckily the thunder and lightening subsided and only a short hard shower of rain fell.  I used my rain coat to load the van then by the time I got to the bank the rain had stopped.
At home we only had 2/10ths in the gauge.
Hubbie was already home when I arrived so we got unloaded and had an early supper of BLT's with some fresh tomatoes I bought from a neighbor at market.
We rested and tried to stay awake during the evening news then did chores.
Dolly is hobbling on one of her front legs so I gave her a half of a canine asprin  and she seems better tonight.
Since I sold out of cakes and took a page of orders for Saturday I baked cakes all night tonight. 64 layers for 24 caramel and 8 chocolate cakes. It is midnight and I'm blogging while I wait for the last ones to come out of the oven.
I am thankful for the good amount of business I am having but it is getting harder and harder each year to get through this busy season.
I did some back stretching exercises this evening and my back feels remarkably better tonight thankfully.
At least August started today with almost a half day of nice sunshine before the rain moved in,maybe the rest of the month will be not so rainy.
Grateful tonight for the blessings of this day and giving all the glory to Him.
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad you are doing so well with your sales... Glad also that your back is better. Take care of yourself.

We had another beautiful day here. It's hard to believe that it is August 1st --and we still haven't had much hot and muggy weather at all... LOVE it.

Hugs,
Betsy

linda m said...

Happy to hear you did so well at market and that after stretching you back felt better. Thursday was a gorgeous day here. But it did rain last night and is raining right now. Have a great weekend and God bless you.

Unknown said...

You are a busy lady, but as the old saying goes, gotta make hay while the sun shines. Hope you have another good market day.