Friday, August 30, 2013

BUSY "BEFORE APPLE FESTIVAL" FRIDAY

Storms during the night kept me up for almost two hours before the noise quietened down enough for me to sleep. There was only an inch in the rain gauge this morning but it sounded like a whole lot more rain, guess it was all the wind with the rain.
The clouds hung dark and low until lunchtime then the sun made a few peeks out this afternoon to warm the temperature into the mid 80's.
It didn't much matter to me what was going on outside with all I had to do today.
I spent the morning baking cakes, 34 layers and 4 pound cakes. I was out of town last year on Apple Festival Saturday so I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow.
After lunch I caught up my house cleaning for the week and did a load of month ending laundry.
While all this was going on I finally successfully got my next blog book downloaded on Booksmart. I had to do it under the Internet Explorer operating system instead of the Firefox system I usually use.
#1 son was off today so he picked up g-son from school and gave me the evening off. I would hardly call it "an evening off" as I had 12 caramel cakes and  5 chocolate cakes to ice and then get everything labeled and ready to load.
Hubbie and I went ahead and loaded everything in the van tonight so we can get an extra early start in the morning. If you don't get there early the parking lot fills with festival goers and there is no where to unload.
Off to bed tonight to hopefully make up for the lost sleep of last night.
Thankful to the Lord for my health and strength He gives me each day.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: