Tuesday, August 6, 2013

SWIMMING FUN AND A 1953 MEMORY

G-son was in a surprisingly good mood this morning on the way to the workshop he didn't like yesterday.
I spent the morning in a more normal mode today for the first time in a couple weeks. Tuesday is always laundry day so between 3 loads of laundry I cleaned the bathrooms and washed windows all around the house before going to pick up g-son.
He said he didn't like this day any better than yesterday and we left it at that.  He was very hungry again and after he had ate his lunch I asked him again exactly why he wasn't having any fun and he said he was having some fun.
Later in the afternoon daughter came by to take him to play in the pool out at the condo development #2 son is living in.
Looks like they had a fun time and luckily the rain went around us today after about 3/10ths inch in the gauge from last night's rain.

She said they were there alone for awhile until some other kids about g-son's age came in and he had a good time playing with them. When she brought him back here this evening he acted completely worn out.  Thank goodness for Aunt T !!!!
I went through my photos today looking for August decade  pics and put an Avon order online.
After chores tonight I baked 60 cake layers for 24 caramel and 6 chocolate cakes.
The sun and clouds battled all day with the clouds finally winning out this evening and the rain is supposed to move in tonight for the next couple days,yuck !!
The temperature couldn't get out of the 70's under all the clouds so it was a nice cool day anyway.
I found this photo of my mom and dad dated August 1953. I wonder where they were going all dressed up ??
As I looked at this old black and white picture I had to chuckle as I remembered g-son's questions this past weekend about a couple black and white pics in my bedroom of me and my dad and of hubbie when we were babies. G-son wanted to know why they were not in color. When hubbie explained that back in those days there was no colored pictures,only black and white , he wanted to know if people were colored back then or just black and white?
Tonight as I get ready to sign off I am grateful for the blessings God has given me and for this day of blessed love from my Heavenly Father.
Good Night and God Bless.


2 comments:

linda m said...

Swimming pools and little kids just seem to go together. Your parents and the car remind me of mine at that time . Women always wore a dress and men a suit, tie and hat. Even the car looks like the one we had. Thanks for the memories. Blessings

Unknown said...

Ok, Mrs. Superwoman, I dont for the life of me, know how you do all you do! Hope your grandson will like the workshops as the week goes on. I know he enjoyed the swimming pool...have a great Wednesday. I have to go take a nap after reading all you do in a days time! lol