Thursday, August 15, 2013

COULD FALL BE IN THE AIR ????

Leaving for market this morning I took a second look around the farm to be sure everything was quiet after yesterday morning.
Market was a little slower today but I am very thankful for what I did sell. I was wishing I had on long sleeves and pants as the cooler air has moved in and the clouds make it an uncomfortable day to have capris and short sleeves on.
Got a call from the cousin I met last year from Texas who is back in town for a reunion on her mother's side and we will get together tomorrow and I will get to add another cousin to my list as her sister is also here.
After running all my errands and making a couple Avon deliveries it was almost 5:00 when I finally got home.
It looks like it is going to rain any minute but we made it through the entire day without a drop,well so far anyway as it is 10 pm now. The high temperature for today was 67 degrees for a very "fall" feeling day.
I did chores and had a light supper. #2 son came by to bring some papers and said he hasn't got a final amount from the builder for his house yet. He is going to look around on the market to see what is out there for the kind of money he thinks he will need to spend to have this house built.
For some reason I am really wiped out tonight and all I want to do is snuggle down in my warm bed and sleep.
G-son spent his last day today at discovery workshop so maybe we will get to go back to sleep for awhile in the morning but somehow I doubt it !!!
God is always a loving, caring God. Saying a thankful prayer tonight for a couple friends of mine, the Rhodes family, as they were involved in a terrible accident yesterday on their way to Pigeon Forge,Tenn. which totaled their camper and pick up truck but allowed them to escape with only minor injuries. This is a pic from the TV station as they loaded them up on the wrecker.  Scary !!!


Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Prayers for your friends... Glad they are okay--even though they lost their vehicle and camper.. Such a shame!

Fall has been in the air here for the past couple of days --but it's not as cool tonight. I think the humidity will return... Yuk!

Hugs,
Betsy

linda m said...

Prayers for your friends. Fall has been in the air here a lot lately. Very cool nights and lower day time temps. Many a morning I wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt. Blessings

Gail said...

Your friends were involved in A MIRACLE!