Saturday, August 17, 2013

COOL BUSY MARKET DAY

Hubbie and I both woke up about 10 minutes before the alarm this morning surprised that daughter hadn't been by yet to drop her baking and blackberries off for market. She has a volleyball tournament at the high school she is coaching at today. The head coach is leaving at noon to take her daughter to Clemson so daughter will have to be in charge of the tournament this afternoon. She came by about 15 minutes after we got up, she had went by to unlock the gym at the elementary school where some of the games are to be played on her way here.
Market was busy this morning and my cousin's Kathleen and Patty with their husbands came by.
This is the three of us "Pryor" cousins in front of my market tables.

The husbands enjoyed a visit with each other as well as we ladies.
My hubbie sells daughter's blackberries while visiting with Paul (Kathleens hubbie) and Patty's hubbie standing.

Hubbie stayed until he had sold all the blackberries before leaving to go by Tractor Supply for more bird seed.
I have been slack at keeping the feeders filled in all this rain and all my birds have left my yard, hopefully if I keep the feeders full for a while all my feathered friends will return.
After market I picked up some baking supplies on the way home and beat the rain getting my van unloaded.
The rain started and has continued through the evening not heavy but just a steady drizzle.
We got the raincoats back out after their few days rest and did chores.
The rainfall predictions are heavy for this weekend.
Our strange low temperatures continue with today's high at 68 degrees and tomorrow's forecast even lower with more rain.  As I dressed in jeans and a longer sleeved top this morning I thought I can not remember a time any time close that I had long pants on in August.
Had to make a late  night run to Walmart tonight for a birthday gift for my great nephew tomorrow.
Driving after dark in the rain is definitely not my favorite thing to do but late at night is my favorite time to shop in Walmart, no crowds of people in the aisles and no waiting to check out !
Looking forward to worshiping my Heavenly Father tomorrow with my church family.
Good Night and God Bless.


4 comments:

Sandy Livesay said...

Carolina Nana,

It's nice to visit with family and friends when you have time too.

Stay warm and be careful driving in the rain, I hate driving at night in the rain. Especially if I'm tired.

Enjoy your weekend!

Gail said...

Wonderful to catch up with friends and family.

Kinda nice to be less hot in August.

linda m said...

Strange weather here in WI also. Can't remember the last time I had to wear long pants in Aug. This week we will have normal Aug temps - in the 80's. God's blessings to you.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Other than some light rain yesterday and some rain today, we have missed most of the rain you all have been getting the past few days... The temps have been great though since it's not hot.. Great for working in the yard.

Hope you have a blessed Sunday.
Hugs,
Betsy