Monday, August 19, 2013

RAINY DAY AND NEWS ARTICLE IN 2003

Woke to a rainy morning today,before it slacked off we had another 1" total in our rain gauge. Our area is only 8" away from being the rainiest year on record and with 4 months to go until the end of the year I'm pretty sure we will make it.  The way things are going we might make it before the end of this month !!!!
Sadie is due for her rabies shot and she had a 9:45 appointment with our vet so after chores and breakfast hubbie , g-son and I with a wet Sadie in a carrier in the back of the van  headed over to the vet's office. We laughed on the way there as g-son complained of a "wet dog" smell where he was sitting in the back seat !!
Had to wait at the vet's office longer than we ever had in the past,maybe I will take a mental note to stay away from Monday appointments.
As we were leaving g-son had to check out the vet's pig farm in back of her office.

After we left there we stopped at our insurance agent's office which was on our way home to take care of some things for daughter and #2 son. Had a nice visit with our agent who also is a member of our church family and lives on a horse farm just up the road from us.
Made it home right at lunch time.
I have had a project in mind for a while now and this rainy day was perfect to get it done since I had help.
G-son's room needed a major cleaning, all his toys needed going through and things needed to be moved around creating more room. There is a nice baby crib downstairs that really needs to be moved upstairs and this room is a perfect place and has plenty of room for it with a few minor adjustments. And when it isn't in use it will make a perfect holder for all the stuffed animals he has on his bed.
Hubbie helped until the rain stopped and then he went outside to do some weed cutting. G-son stayed close by making sure I didn't toss anything he wanted. I was amazed at the things he knew were part of other things. We still had a large garbage bag full of broken toys and lost parts to throw away.
When #1 son came in to pick up g-son I got him to help me move the bed and desk around. I haven't got the crib yet because it is full of stuff and I will need to find a shelf to put that stuff on.
I had to do my back exercises tonight from all the lifting I did today !!
More rain has started tonight.
In August 2003 the local newspaper did a story on my farm and curb market business.

Daughter now makes these same blackberry muffins from fresh blackberries she picks so I guess the the title of this story was very fitting !
Thanking God for the blessings of this day and praying for His guidance for tomorrow.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

linda m said...

What a great way to make use of a rainy day. Sure wish I had your ambition. I would so like to try your daughter's blackberry muffin. They real sound delicious. Have a very blessed day.