Monday, August 5, 2013

BUTTERFLY BUSHES LIVE UP TO THEIR NAME

Whew !!! Getting back on the school schedule was easier than I thought it would be this morning as g-son was so excited to be going to this workshop at his school.
I walked him in and he went right to the line of kids and sat down and began to talk to his friend who was sitting there already. All is well !!!
Back home after the regular morning chores and breakfast I washed a couple loads of month ending laundry that I am behind on and hung them on the line to dry outside on another sunny, breezy 80 degree day.
I worked hard all morning giving my house a good cleaning for the first time in several weeks.
There were alot of dust bunnies that lost their homes this morning around here !!!
This time of year things get a bit crazy around here so I clean when I can and work or spend time with g-son the rest of the time. It's only 3 weeks until regular school starts.
When I picked him up from school today at noon he was not happy with this workshop. He said it was not fun like we all said it would be and he didn't like it. He was not in the group with any of his friends and just not happy at all. I think he  was also ill because he was hungry.
After lunch his attitude improved and he read me a book and made more lego creations. He was hoping to go swimming with his aunt T but her blackberry picking lasted until the clouds moved in so maybe tomorrow.
She is going to market tomorrow morning to sell her berries,hopefully she will sell out early !!
#1 son came after g-son this evening and he went back into his mood for not liking the school workshop but we can't let him just quit because then he might not like first grade either and expect to just quit that ! Hopefully things will improve for him tomorrow and he will enjoy it more.
I cleaned out another flower bed this evening. This is the one in front of the porch that always gets over taken with Potato Vine. Unfortunately I had to rip out my Morning Glory vines that were intertwined with the potato vine.
I noticed a flurry of activity around the Butterfly bushes around the yard. They don't call them Butterfly Bushes for nothing !!!!




I did evening chores and then took a back rest out in the sunroom for about 30 minutes while hubbie tilled the garden. The soil is just now dry enough to get a tiller through it without clumping it all up.
Dark clouds are building and the rain is supposed to start tonight. On the weather tonight they said we had just had our first rain-free weekend since April 20 .
As I type this tonight I heard the rain start outside along with some strong wind gust. Oh well, at least we had a few rain-free days !!
I am going to bed early tonight as I didn't sleep well last night for some reason and am really tired.
Grateful to God tonight for the graciousness He shows me each day and for His guidance every hour of every day.
Good Night and God Bless.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Sandy Livesay said...

I think your Grandson will warm up to the group of kids he was assigned to and he will change his mind.

Beautiful butterfly flowers and butterflies.

linda m said...

Hope your grandson starts liking his workshop better. The butterfly pictures are gorgeous. Blessings

Unknown said...

It is sometimes hard for children to begin something new, when they have been so comfortable with the old. He will warm up in no time. Love your butterflies on the bushes. Take care of that back..dont over-do or you will end up like me!