Friday, August 16, 2013

A VISIT FROM COUSINS KATHLEEN AND PATTY

Behind on my blog post again !
Another hectically busy day with some added good times as well.
G-son's workshop at school is over so after he had breakfast he declared the living room a "construction zone" and told me I had to ask permission to come in !!
Lincoln logs were the construction tool of choice today. I sneaked some photos as he began his building.
After I finished my outside work and had my breakfast I had a call from sis-in-law reminding me of my great nephew's second birthday on Sunday and giving me an invite to the party.
She also was concerned about our friends who had the accident yesterday with their camper.
I spent the morning baking 40 cake layers for 18 caramel and 2 chocolate cakes. I also baked 3 pound cakes to fill some orders. Two of my customers cancelled their orders for tomorrow because of the predicted rainfall we are supposed to get but so far haven't seen any rainfall.
Last year newly discovered cousin Kathleen from Texas and her husband Paul came by for a visit and today they are coming back with her sister Patty and her husband for a visit.
With the living room commandeered by g-son we sat out in the sunroom on this cool day and got to know one another. It was really nice to see them and talk about some old times we both had heard about our fathers and grandparents.
This is me in the middle with Patty in black on the left and Kathleen on the right.
Patty and her husband live in south western Ohio and made the 6 hour drive here to a reunion of some folks on their mother's side. Kathleen and her husband who live in Texas flew in. They are both leaving on Sunday so they are planning a trip to the Curb Market to see me tomorrow.
G-son used all the logs he had and built an entire town while we had our visit.
Such a sweety !!!!
I did evening chores and then hubbie, g-son and I had supper before his mom picked him up.
I spent the entire evening icing caramel and chocolate cakes and getting things ready for market.
I made it to bed at 11:30,ahhhh another busy day comes to a close.
Grateful to God for the blessings of today and asking for His grace in the days to come.
Good Night and God Bless.



No comments: